Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011

NautiG is on a distinguished road
Deltaville Tornado

Deltaville got hit by a tornado yesterday. Here are some pics of the destruction: Deltaville Tornado - Day After Photos | Facebook.

I haven't heard anything about marinas or boats getting hit. Does anyone have more info? I'm heading out to the boat later this week, so I won't know the extent of the damage until then.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-17-2011
Philippe

phboujon is on a distinguished road
Hi Scott,

I don't know know about all marinas, but those on/near Stingray Point are ok. Our boat is in he Stringray Point Boat Works yard and as we drove there this morning and passed the marinas along the way, we didn't see any apparent damages (that is after we crossed the center of the town that was hit hard as your link shows).

Cheers
Philippe
A Blog & A Boat that Need a Name
Old 04-17-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Hope your boat is OK. We heard about the storm through some friends early this AM. They were on their boat at Stingray Point Marina and other than a lack of power didn't mention any damage there.

I'd be more worried about the marina's on the Jackson Creek side, but according to the info on the FBYC site, it looks like they may have dodged a bullet on this one also.

I tried to post this AM but Sailnet was down. I did post on SA and there was a response from someone with a boat there that was headed down today and said they'd update when they got back home.

I did hear there were some fatalities and one person missing down in that area but maybe not right in Deltaville.
Old 04-17-2011

NautiG is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys. I found the link to the tornado path on the FBYC site: Fishing Bay Yacht Club: Main

Looks like the marinas were spared.
Old 04-17-2011

jaalex is on a distinguished road
Hi all, My boat is at DYC out of the water getting some work done right now. So I'm concerned. The SSentinel.com facebook page has someone that says that Kokomo's is gone. That would be right in the heart of the marinas.

SSentinel.com | Facebook

If anyone has any information on the DYC yard I would love to know. I was going to drive down today but figured my boat wasn't as important as staying out of the way of the people trying to recover their lives.

Jason
Old 04-17-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaalex View Post
Hi all, My boat is at DYC out of the water getting some work done right now. So I'm concerned. The SSentinel.com facebook page has someone that says that Kokomo's is gone. That would be right in the heart of the marinas.

SSentinel.com | Facebook

If anyone has any information on the DYC yard I would love to know. I was going to drive down today but figured my boat wasn't as important as staying out of the way of the people trying to recover their lives.

Jason
Jason from what I can gather the tornado seems to have cut across the peninsula from south to north, west of Fishing Bay through the center of town. All the major marina's seem to be east of the storms path, though I've seen footage of some boat sunk at private docks.

It's gonna take a little place like Deltaville a long time to recover from a hit like this, but with the marina's still in business at least dollars will continue to flow into the area this season.
Old 04-17-2011

jaalex is on a distinguished road
Someone on the facebook page posted this

"A friend works at Norview Marina and he just told me that everything down that area looks in great shape, including Kokomo's."