Cameras on the Chesapeake - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 07-20-2011
Senior Member
 
chef2sail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,586
Thanks: 37
Thanked 86 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
OK...I agree about TSA acts like all govt agencies...they all want bigger fiefdoms...its our job to keep them in check. Point to me in the Constitution where it says you have the inalienable right gaurenteed to fly in an airplane.

Lets talk reality though not just hypotheticals...whens the last time TSA ran 3 jets into buildings and killed 3000 people. Whens the last time TSA exploded a bomb on a school bus and killed 56 children. Whens the last time a TSA mid level manager constructed a bomb...loaded it into a truck...drove it outside a hotel and detonated it killed 50..or pulled it next to a Marine barracks and killed 600 like in Lebonan. I am sure some of the TSA p[eople have groped people...have built fiefdoms, but when is the last time a TSA employee or mid level manager hijacked an airplane or blew it up over Lockerbie.

Arguing in hypotheticals is good intellectual excercise, but thank god some deal with the cold hard realities of the situations we face as Americans.

There are poeple who hate us and want to kill us just because we are Americans...period. They are willing to die...martyr themselves for what they beleive in just to get their point across. That is a whole different type of indivigula...they dont talk...they dont want to hear what you have to say...they want to kill you....just because you are an American. Period. If they gain control or are allowed to you dont ever have to worry about flying in an airplane again. In fact you wont even be able to protest what they do...you will be stoned or summarilly executed. These are the realities of the world we live in outside the protected reaches of our borders. These are not hypothetical intellectual arguments...but are the true realities of the world.

Funny I am a true liberal when it comes to almost all social programs, health care, right of freedom of speech etx....but when it comes to the defense of our country, our homeland and our way of life I say protect it protect it protect it ot there will be no country to have freedom of speech in.

Dave


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___________________________
S/V Haleakala (Hawaiian for" House of the Sun")
C&C 35 MKIII Hull # 76
Parkville, Maryland
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
chef2sail is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 Old 07-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 2,100
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
OK...I agree about TSA acts like all govt agencies...they all want bigger fiefdoms...its our job to keep them in check. Point to me in the Constitution where it says you have the inalienable right gaurenteed to fly in an airplane.

Lets talk reality though not just hypotheticals...whens the last time TSA ran 3 jets into buildings and killed 3000 people. Whens the last time TSA exploded a bomb on a school bus and killed 56 children. Whens the last time a TSA mid level manager constructed a bomb...loaded it into a truck...drove it outside a hotel and detonated it killed 50..or pulled it next to a Marine barracks and killed 600 like in Lebonan. I am sure some of the TSA p[eople have groped people...have built fiefdoms, but when is the last time a TSA employee or mid level manager hijacked an airplane or blew it up over Lockerbie.

Arguing in hypotheticals is good intellectual excercise, but thank god some deal with the cold hard realities of the situations we face as Americans.

There are poeple who hate us and want to kill us just because we are Americans...period. They are willing to die...martyr themselves for what they beleive in just to get their point across. That is a whole different type of indivigula...they dont talk...they dont want to hear what you have to say...they want to kill you....just because you are an American. Period. If they gain control or are allowed to you dont ever have to worry about flying in an airplane again. In fact you wont even be able to protest what they do...you will be stoned or summarilly executed. These are the realities of the world we live in outside the protected reaches of our borders. These are not hypothetical intellectual arguments...but are the true realities of the world.

Funny I am a true liberal when it comes to almost all social programs, health care, right of freedom of speech etx....but when it comes to the defense of our country, our homeland and our way of life I say protect it protect it protect it ot there will be no country to have freedom of speech in.

Dave
Dave its not a hypothetical when we surrender real personal freedom in the name of security kabuki theater.

That's enough on this thread, as this should be in some other forum that I never go to.

PalmettoSailor
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 Catalina 36
PalmettoSailor is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #13 of 15 Old 07-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Narragansett Bay
Posts: 13,446
Thanks: 63
Thanked 320 Times in 300 Posts
Rep Power: 8
   
I am fine with the cameras. They are an effective, low impact deterrent. You can't release the images, otherwise, the bad guys can better understand how to avoid them.

The old adage is, "there are no atheists in a foxhole", which I know first hand is true. Every inexperienced chest pounder I've ever known, who has faced an enemy up close and personal, has change their tune.

edit: yes, some measures can be done better and without the theater.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 07-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Minnewaska is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #14 of 15 Old 07-21-2011
AEOLUS II
 
WouldaShoulda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: From The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
Dave its not a hypothetical when we surrender real personal freedom in the name of security kabuki theater.
Having my picture taken in open water where I have no reasonable expectation of privacy whatsoever constitutes the the surrender real personal freedom??

That's more Drama Queen then Kabuki Theater in my book!!



If we stick to a cost/benefit analysis however, that would be a more productive conversation.

Last edited by WouldaShoulda; 07-21-2011 at 09:41 AM.
WouldaShoulda is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #15 of 15 Old 07-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 2,100
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldaShoulda View Post
Having my picture taken in open water where I have no reasonable expectation of privacy whatsoever constitutes the the surrender real personal freedom??

That's more Drama Queen then Kabuki Theater in my book!!



If we stick to a cost/benefit analysis however, that would be a more productive conversation.
No, I never said that, and have no issue with the DNR using radar and camera's to catch poachers on the Bay.

The thread took a hard turn to an arguably political discussion re: terrorists,9/11, the boogey man and TSA vice DNR and poachers which is why, I'm bowing out.

PalmettoSailor
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 Catalina 36
PalmettoSailor is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.


User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chesapeake Bay (Sat) AirborneSF General Discussion (sailing related) 11 07-15-2011 09:21 PM
Greetings from the Chesapeake JohnRPollard Introduce Yourself 7 03-10-2009 09:08 AM
Chesapeake Bay danielh Cruising & Liveaboard Forum 5 06-03-2008 07:56 AM
RearView Cameras artbyjody Gear & Maintenance 6 05-08-2008 03:05 PM
No cameras, no websites, no sponsors, no media, no net, no fuss...the real deal!! Giulietta General Discussion (sailing related) 37 02-20-2008 08:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome