Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
OK...I agree about TSA acts like all govt agencies...they all want bigger fiefdoms...its our job to keep them in check. Point to me in the Constitution where it says you have the inalienable right gaurenteed to fly in an airplane.

Lets talk reality though not just hypotheticals...whens the last time TSA ran 3 jets into buildings and killed 3000 people. Whens the last time TSA exploded a bomb on a school bus and killed 56 children. Whens the last time a TSA mid level manager constructed a bomb...loaded it into a truck...drove it outside a hotel and detonated it killed 50..or pulled it next to a Marine barracks and killed 600 like in Lebonan. I am sure some of the TSA p[eople have groped people...have built fiefdoms, but when is the last time a TSA employee or mid level manager hijacked an airplane or blew it up over Lockerbie.

Arguing in hypotheticals is good intellectual excercise, but thank god some deal with the cold hard realities of the situations we face as Americans.

There are poeple who hate us and want to kill us just because we are Americans...period. They are willing to die...martyr themselves for what they beleive in just to get their point across. That is a whole different type of indivigula...they dont talk...they dont want to hear what you have to say...they want to kill you....just because you are an American. Period. If they gain control or are allowed to you dont ever have to worry about flying in an airplane again. In fact you wont even be able to protest what they do...you will be stoned or summarilly executed. These are the realities of the world we live in outside the protected reaches of our borders. These are not hypothetical intellectual arguments...but are the true realities of the world.

Funny I am a true liberal when it comes to almost all social programs, health care, right of freedom of speech etx....but when it comes to the defense of our country, our homeland and our way of life I say protect it protect it protect it ot there will be no country to have freedom of speech in.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
OK...I agree about TSA acts like all govt agencies...they all want bigger fiefdoms...its our job to keep them in check. Point to me in the Constitution where it says you have the inalienable right gaurenteed to fly in an airplane.

Lets talk reality though not just hypotheticals...whens the last time TSA ran 3 jets into buildings and killed 3000 people. Whens the last time TSA exploded a bomb on a school bus and killed 56 children. Whens the last time a TSA mid level manager constructed a bomb...loaded it into a truck...drove it outside a hotel and detonated it killed 50..or pulled it next to a Marine barracks and killed 600 like in Lebonan. I am sure some of the TSA p[eople have groped people...have built fiefdoms, but when is the last time a TSA employee or mid level manager hijacked an airplane or blew it up over Lockerbie.

Arguing in hypotheticals is good intellectual excercise, but thank god some deal with the cold hard realities of the situations we face as Americans.

There are poeple who hate us and want to kill us just because we are Americans...period. They are willing to die...martyr themselves for what they beleive in just to get their point across. That is a whole different type of indivigula...they dont talk...they dont want to hear what you have to say...they want to kill you....just because you are an American. Period. If they gain control or are allowed to you dont ever have to worry about flying in an airplane again. In fact you wont even be able to protest what they do...you will be stoned or summarilly executed. These are the realities of the world we live in outside the protected reaches of our borders. These are not hypothetical intellectual arguments...but are the true realities of the world.

Funny I am a true liberal when it comes to almost all social programs, health care, right of freedom of speech etx....but when it comes to the defense of our country, our homeland and our way of life I say protect it protect it protect it ot there will be no country to have freedom of speech in.

Dave
Dave its not a hypothetical when we surrender real personal freedom in the name of security kabuki theater.

That's enough on this thread, as this should be in some other forum that I never go to.
Old 07-21-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
I am fine with the cameras. They are an effective, low impact deterrent. You can't release the images, otherwise, the bad guys can better understand how to avoid them.

The old adage is, "there are no atheists in a foxhole", which I know first hand is true. Every inexperienced chest pounder I've ever known, who has faced an enemy up close and personal, has change their tune.

edit: yes, some measures can be done better and without the theater.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 07-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-21-2011
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
Dave its not a hypothetical when we surrender real personal freedom in the name of security kabuki theater.
Having my picture taken in open water where I have no reasonable expectation of privacy whatsoever constitutes the the surrender real personal freedom??

That's more Drama Queen then Kabuki Theater in my book!!

If we stick to a cost/benefit analysis however, that would be a more productive conversation.

Last edited by WouldaShoulda; 07-21-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldaShoulda View Post
Having my picture taken in open water where I have no reasonable expectation of privacy whatsoever constitutes the the surrender real personal freedom??

That's more Drama Queen then Kabuki Theater in my book!!

If we stick to a cost/benefit analysis however, that would be a more productive conversation.
No, I never said that, and have no issue with the DNR using radar and camera's to catch poachers on the Bay.

The thread took a hard turn to an arguably political discussion re: terrorists,9/11, the boogey man and TSA vice DNR and poachers which is why, I'm bowing out.