SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Maui/ Kaui Bound (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/77760-maui-kaui-bound.html)

chef2sail 08-19-2011 08:15 PM

Maui/ Kaui Bound

Donna and I are headed off at 6 AM for her 2nd my 8th trip to Hawaii. Our second day there we will be taking the 4 hour tradewind sail out Lahina, Maui on the America II. This 12 meter boat- John Kolius Captain ( when the Americas Cup really was a good race and had rules) raced against Dennis Connor and Star and Stripes for the Louis Vitton Cup in Freemantel, Austrailia and lost to Conner who was on a missionto win the c up back he had lost 4 years earlier. Connor beat Kookaberra in four straight and the races after that were never the same ( IMHO). Last time we went out on America II it hit sppeds of 15 knotts in quite a wild ride.

We plan also to take an evening cruise on Scotch Mist a 50 foot Santana and also go on a couple of snorkeling trips off of Laini (with the spinner dolphins) and the tourist stop Molikini onh 65 foot catamaran sailing vessels with the Pacific Whale Foundation.

We have a couple of snorkel cruises on sailboats planned in Kaui when we get there to the famous Napili Coast and also Niahu Island. May even get a day of sport fishing there in if she will allow me.

We will try and send pictures.

Dave

jackdale 08-19-2011 10:37 PM

Have a great trip.

I was there last summer before a delivery back to Vancouver.

T37Chef 08-20-2011 07:02 AM

Have a great trip...and please thank Donna for sending us the keys to your boat, we are very excited to be able to use it the entire time you're gone.

Oh BTW, sorry about the grape juice my kids spilled on your salon cushions, I bet Donna can get it out though. And the dingy doesn't seem to hold air anymore?

Anyway...thanks again for the boat loan while you're gone, have fun but don't hurry back, we hope to get to Bermuda while you're away. I also installed a high BTU burner with an afterburner button on the stove top, works awesome for stir fry. I'll talk to you about the headliner when you get back, its really not that bad, I think it adds character to the interior.

PS...everyone at the clubhouse last night says thanks for the several rounds of drinks on you (I just signed for it on your tab, so easy). The staff says thanks too!

wingNwing 08-20-2011 10:20 AM

Have fun! (We certainly did, as part of the party Shawn threw :D)

chef2sail 08-20-2011 01:07 PM

Shawn
Surprised. you could find any high btu output burners as I bought all the ones in the tri state area in the hopes tha I could add them together to make one giant stir fry. I need to see the qui too you know. I must have missed that somewhere.

We are in Denver waiting for our connection to Maui.

Hope you and Jaye left us our Pinot noir stash in the boat. It's hidden welll

Dave

wingNwing 08-21-2011 06:48 PM

Hey, Shawn, we have a couple of crowbars, would you like to get together some evening to try to find the pinot???

On a more (?) serious note, there's some rumor of a mini-Sailnet raftup Sept 10, maybe in the Magothy, if you two chefs are interested (and depending on weather as always). The "v" in our v-drive no longer stands for "vibration" so we're rarin' to go!

4arch 08-22-2011 06:43 AM

Dave and Donna,

Have a great time!

Jaye,
I'd be up for the the Sept 10 raftup if it becomes more than rumor.

T37Chef 08-22-2011 09:14 AM

Eryka...

I was thinking about using a jackhammer = faster

Keep us up to date on the 9/10 raft up...although we don't have the boat this season, we could come by dingy if you anchor anywhere near PSA :)

DRFerron 08-22-2011 09:42 AM

Raft up is more than rumor. John and I are going.

4Arch, my slip neighbor has Lippincott 30 hull #2. Nice boat.

4arch 08-22-2011 11:06 AM

I'm 99% sure I can make it to the raftup on the 10th. I'm just wondering how I missed knowing about it earlier - was there a thread?

Donna it would be great if you could put me in touch with your neighbor with the L30. It's always great to talk to others as there aren't many of us out there!