Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
We changed our plans slightly for the show and are sailing down/ motoring at the crack of dawn Friday to either anchor/ moor and go to the show on Friday. We probably will go over to the Wye (Shaw Bay or Dividing Creek) Saturday evening and thern home on Sunday.

Anyone doing the show on Friday want to meet up for a late lunch of pit beef?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2011

davidpm is on a distinguished road
I would love to meet some more sailnutters.
My wife and I are driving down. Our son is a vendor at a booth so we have a good excuse to go.
Old 10-05-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Janet and I are going on Friday. She gets home from a business trip very late Thursday so I'm not sure when we will get to the show on Friday. I'll call your cell when we make it.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 10-05-2011
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
We changed our plans slightly for the show and are sailing down/ motoring at the crack of dawn Friday to either anchor/ moor and go to the show on Friday.
See Annapolis Boat Show

Old 10-05-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Thanks you both for the recommendationas on the Alpenglow. I have done some research and like the hi/ low white feature with the warm white. (500/300 lumens) also with the hi low reds for nighttime. I want to use it as the main cabin lighting. Is it overkill to have two of the units. Haleakula is similar size to both of your boats.

Wing....You and Dan have a safe trip...we will have a glass of wine in your names Cacaway when we gove over to watch the geese landings in a few weeks.

Dave
I think it would likely be overkill but maybe not total overkill depending on your desires and the darkness of your boat. I thought I'd install one and go from there and decided I don't feel the need for another even though I have an older C36 with the darker teak I find we have enough light from the one unit. I do plan to install LED fixtures (the OEM's are falling apart) in the V- berth and probably two of the four saloon reading lamps. FWIW, I find my wife often turns the overhead off after she's done in the galley in favor of the softer lighting from the lower mounted reading lights.

Edited to add that a lot depends on where you can mount the light. I was able to locate mine directly above the galley sinks which on my boat provides plenty of light over the entire galley, and nav station and covers most of the U shaped settee with adequate light to read or do nearly any task. If you're at the far end of the setee, there is less light than you'd like for reading but there are reading lights to fill in. I could mount another light at that end of the saloon but I feel like another Alpenglow would provide enough light do do surgery on the saloon table which for me is more overkill than desired.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 10-05-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2011

Thanks for the good advice. I think I will start with one of the units as I planned on placing it in forward part of the salon next to the mast. We have pleanty of illumination in the galley/ nav station area and good reading lights under the shelving located above the setees on either side. This light is just for general cabin lighting.

We are planning at being at the show early on Friday. If you are going and dont have my cell PM me and I will give it. Would like to meet for lunch at least. Not sure where we will wind up anchoring yet. I would like to go over to Back Creek, but not a lot of room there so we will probably be either inj South Anchorage or way up Spa Creek.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 10-05-2011

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
We're going Friday, arriving for the opening and staying till the bitter end...I cant wait, always love the show. Looks to be perfect weather too!

If there ends up being a gathering after the show we would enjoy stopping by after dinner, 7:30-8:00, to meet anyone and everyone.

Last edited by T37Chef; 10-06-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2011

Shawn,

PM me your cell. I lost your number when I got a new cell phone. We will get together at the show sometime on Friday.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 10-06-2011
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Not sure where we will wind up anchoring yet. I would like to go over to Back Creek, but not a lot of room there so we will probably be either inj South Anchorage or way up Spa Creek.
I was up Spa Creek yesterday as far as Well's Cove and things were pretty tight. I'll try to stop by Truxton Park while I'm out and about today and take a peek.

Back Creek is filling up but at the moment there is still room.

Old 10-06-2011

Thank you Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-