Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011

ardoin is on a distinguished road
Boat Show Gathering of SailNet folks?

Anyone up for a gathering? In the past Eryka has hosted us at her marina. Are you up for another gathering on Saturday?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
I think they will already be headed down the ICW to Florida

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 09-22-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I think they will already be headed down the ICW to Florida

Dave
We're sure hoping so! In fact, if a few more repairs and last minute provisioning comes off as planned, we'll be leaving early next week. (I doubt that anyone would card you if you guys wanted to meet here anyway ) Please post pix, and we'll see you all in the spring. We think we'll be staying put for boat show 2012 & will host again then.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 09-22-2011
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Save travels Jaye.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 10-02-2011

We are headed down to the show by boat on Friday...looking to go to the show on Saturday. We are planing on anchoring way up Spa Creek and dinghying up to one of the street ends near the bridge or the dinghy dock at the show. Is anyone else planing on going by boat looking to possible raft up. Anyone planing on a get together in one of the Back Creek marinas. I know Dan and Jaye already left for pints south and they usually hosted in years past. Some I think are meeting Saturday night at 5:30 Pussers. Anyone thinking of doing anything Friday evening?

Main focus for me this show is alternative LED lighting in the main cabin. We have replaced many of our lights already, but finding a good alternative to long floresecnt bulbs under our headliner which give the whole cabin light have been hard to find. Alpenglow seems ti have the best solution for me so far.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 10-02-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
I'm local so will be around all weekend. I'm going to the show Friday and Sunday but have events of one sort or another nearly every day through Monday late. I'm commuting by dinghy from Back Creek.
kb3pwc likes this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 10-02-2011

sealover is on a distinguished road
I'll be wandering around Saturday. Planning to give overnighting another attempt Sunday into Monday. To clarify - driving there Saturday then going home, then trailering the boat to Sandy Point on Sunday, overnight somewhere, then return Monday.

Weather permitting of course.

S/V Waitara
Venture 21
PA Freshwater / Chesapeake
Old 10-04-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
@Dave, Alpenglow is a great solution, we have one as our main cabin light and love its gentle white color. Sailors Solutions also has an LED strip light that can replace flourescent bulbs with a set of bright white points. Alpenglow draws about 1/2 amp on low, 1 amp on high, as does the S.S. lamp. We're really happy with both, and have a brightly lit cabin.

We're at Old Pt Comfort tonight, at the mouth of the Chesapeake, and will start on the ICW tomorrow. Stay warm, all, and see you in the spring.
DRFerron likes this.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 10-04-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
I'll second the Alpenglow. My boat had no overhead lighting until we installed a Apenglow unit. The one we installed is midships just forward of the companionway. We got the dual source unit with hi/lo white light and hi/lo red LED's. That one light provides adequate white light on low for most tasks in the galley and nav station and on high provides enough light to read in the main saloon area even without the reading lights on. For night sailing the red LED's allow enough light for folks to move around while the off watch foks sleep. Its a great alternative to expensive LED's in reading fixtures that still wouldn't provide overhead light on my boat.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 10-05-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-04-2011

Thanks you both for the recommendationas on the Alpenglow. I have done some research and like the hi/ low white feature with the warm white. (500/300 lumens) also with the hi low reds for nighttime. I want to use it as the main cabin lighting. Is it overkill to have two of the units. Haleakula is similar size to both of your boats.

Wing....You and Dan have a safe trip...we will have a glass of wine in your names Cacaway when we gove over to watch the geese landings in a few weeks.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-