If you had to rank your top ten places to anchor on the bay, what would your list look like? Time of year to visit. (Rule:You have to have been there for it to be on your list)
It was hard to do, but here's mine:
1. St. Michaels, Miles River - Anytime
2. St. Leonard Creek, near Grapevine Cove, Patuxent River - Anytime
3. Dividing Creek, Wye East River - Spring/Fall
4. Langford Creek, Cacaway Island, Chester River - Fall
5. Mill Creek, South of Reedville, Great Wilcomico River - Anytime
6. Still Pond Creek, Still Pond - Spring/Summer/Fall
7. Worton Creek - Outside/Summer - Inside/Spring/Fall
8. Rhode River, near High Island - Non Weekend, Anytime
9. Back Creek, Knight Island, Sassafras River - Summer/Fall
10. Corsica River, opposite Ship Pt. - Summer/Fall
1. Yes we like St. Michaels, but I rather take the "back door" via San Domingo
2. Patuxent River,- many spots and Solomons too
6&7...we also like Still Pond & Worton Creek
8. Yes, Rhode River,-near High Island or the bight to port on the way.
9. We like the space on the Sassafras across from Ordinary Point.
10. Yes, we agree with corsica River as a top spot.
......We also like the space next to Dobbins Island in the Magothy,
Breton Bay near Leonardtown, Rock Creek on the south side of the Patapsco, and at St. Mary's College when they have the summer concerts! Take care and joy, Aythya crew