Who wants to sail tomorrow?
It will be a great condition tomorrow in the Bay. My time-shared boat is available. Anyone want to go sailing either
1. We can sail separately on our own boats, or
2. You can join me in a 37' Jeanneau, experienced sailor only.
I will be sailing out from Back Creek at noon and sail till 10 pm or may be a bit longer. I want to do more practices of man over board, heave-to, controlled gyving, and docking. PM me if anyone of you are interested. Dinner on me :)
You are a harder man than me.
Forecast for off Annapolis tomorrow;
Saturday: NE wind 18 to 21 kt becoming NNW 23 to 26 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Rain before 11am, then rain and snow. The rain could be heavy at times. Waves 3 ft building to 5 ft.
My boat is still in the water, waiting for haulout
Forecast for Essington PA;
Saturday: Rain before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 43. North wind between 14 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
I would be tempted if not for the cold cold rain.
So the self proclaimed "top of the food chain" has resurfaced
Only someone who really doesnt own a boat or has no sense for putting others in danger would risk their vessel or possibly someone elses life (CG) to rescue them, would take a boat out in a winter storm warning.
Give me a break. .
I had someone over today (Saturday) to coach on weather faxes at 1100. After he left at 1300 I looked around to steady rain mixed with light sleet and scattered snow. Docks weren't too bad. I did have a client call (by dinghy) at 1500 which wasn't a lot of fun but it was a quick stop to install some bits that shipped in this morning.
I'm a big fan of practicing skills and today's winds weren't bad once you get out of the slip but the cold and precipitation would be no fun at all.
Anyone planning to go out today and calling it good conditions can't read a weather forecast much less a synoptic. Not good judgment.
NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT...INCREASING
TO 35 TO 45 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 5 TO
8 FT...BUILDING TO 10 TO 15 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.
NW WINDS 35 TO 45 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO
19 FT...SUBSIDING TO 9 TO 14 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. RAIN IN THE
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012