Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Sailing Season

There's been a lot of ups and downs on Sailnet recently; do we have "critical mass" for the previously-planned raftup & photo op next weekend (28-29 July) in Annapolis? We're still willing to host but it will have to be at our marina or in Back Creek - we can't sail to anywhere we're on the hard stripping 12+ years of bottom paint. <*sigh*>
SVAuspicious likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately we are unable to make it as John's family chose that weekend to break down his grandmother's house. But we are still willing to host August.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 07-20-2012

aa3jy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
There's been a lot of ups and downs on Sailnet recently; do we have "critical mass" for the previously-planned raftup & photo op next weekend (28-29 July) in Annapolis? We're still willing to host but it will have to be at our marina or in Back Creek - we can't sail to anywhere we're on the hard stripping 12+ years of bottom paint. <*sigh*>
Don't know what's in store for weather next weekend..but this weekend would have been better.. Yes..I know hind sight.etc...

Thought you all where having your bottom done in N.C.,on your way back from Fl., with some special copper coat..

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
Old 07-20-2012

Clay - doing the work in NC was the plan but unfortunately it didn't work out. I have no question about the competence of the guys here ... just ... they're a bit more expensive than NC. However, they're treating us well, and in the long run, if we're having to sit in place for a couple of weeks waiting for the hull to dry, I'd rather be here where there's more to do. Oriental NC is a nice town but you can use it up in a couple of days.

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

and
! And a new project:
Old 07-23-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

I'm around this weekend.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 07-24-2012

So, we hosted a party aboard last weekend, in the rain, while on the hard - that was a first for us! We're still intending to host a SN gathering this Saturday if people are interested in sailing or driving to Annapolis. Our marina has pool, kiddie playground, and several nice party decks for a Saturday night potluck.

Alternatively, Matt Rutherford (solo nonstop around the Americas earlier this year) will be speaking at the Annapolis West Marine Saturday morning at 10 - we could meet there and get together for lunch/beer after.

and
! And a new project:
Old 07-24-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

I heard Matt speak right after he got in. Good talk.

I should be around on Saturday.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 07-25-2012

4arch is on a distinguished road

We're available Saturday afternoon or evening.
Old 07-25-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

We are picking up Haleakula from Haven Harbor on Saturday morning. She was in for her biannual spa treatment. New shaft, coupling, dripless shaft installation, valve adjustment, and fuel injectors done by them, Touchup bottom paint. Radar, Oil change impeller, TV antannae, and compound wax job done by me ( I ache all over). Getting ready for our trip to the LI Sound and Marthas Vineyard August 17- September 7.

If you decide to have the get together Saturday evening we could come amd pick up a mooring. Let me know. Doesnt have to be a big cookout just a nice get together of friends.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-25-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Sorry I can't be there guys and gals. I suffered another heart attack last Monday, spent 5 days in the hospital, had a cardiac cath, two new stents placed inside the old ones that plugged and currently have a fair amount of restrictions on my activity level.

Have fun,

Gary