Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Welcome home, Dave! I ordered the sub-zero wind chill just for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Jaye and Dan,

All the best. Ill bet you guys are having fun....we are shivering here.

Pick a date and you can be the "captain" and determine the direction we go with it. I suggestrd this way as that way there is an obvious organizer. With that pressure and responsibility goes the "privlege" of making the final decisions (with input and opinons of course which all people have.)

Donna and I will take the 3rd Annial Rondevous at MYC June date of course. We will be in the Long Island Sound or NE for the August get together so we would also chose to take the October date if no one objects. October is our favorite month to watch the "geese parade and landing circus " on the Eastern Shore near Cacaway.

There may be a way once I have confirmed the date with the club to dovetail this Roindevous with the OPSail week which is in Baltimore that weekend. The ships will be sailing up the Patapsco right past Rock Creek where our club is located. and Ft McHenry is just up the river about 5 miles.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 01-15-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Not all the boats in our group join a raft. Some anchor independently and dinghy over for the food. Not a problem.
Yep, that's the way we do it at HHSA as well, but it makes it tough to host if you aren't willing to raft up, at least for Happy Hour, which usually means all night, since the anchorages tend to fill up, leaving the boats breaking off from the raft poor options to anchor.
Old 01-16-2012

[
Quote:
QUOTE]
Some other thoughts...keep it simple and spread out the locations-T37Chef[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words Shawn. The Rondevous has become quite a tradition. First year we had a ballad singer (Craigtoo), that was a hoot.

Hopefully others will volenteer and step up as "Captains" of some of the available dates. That way it would insure it would move around to different parts of the bay. Its still early in the game so there may not be any need to cajole people to step up.

We have narrowed our search to two boats.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 01-16-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I'm definitely planning on making the Rendezvous this year. Haven't decided if I'll go further north than the Bay this year yet, but most likely not. So I'll be keeping my eye on here.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 01-16-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to reconnecting with you, John! Where are you now, and when are you heading north?

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 01-16-2012

John,

Will be great to see you in June...

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 01-16-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I'm still in New Bern, NC. Quit working in Oct, but felt too rushed to head south, so I decided to stay over and head north in the spring. That way (after 3 years, gasp) I can take some time here in Carolina to bounce around and get the boat and me back in cruising condition before heading back out for good. Probably end up spending the summer on the Bay before heading south for the winter. Certainly looking forward to meeting back up with those I've already met, and meeting those I haven't yet.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 01-17-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Back to the original purpose of this thread ... we'll take the lead for the July gathering. It will be somewhere in the Annapolis area; exact location TBD weather depending. If the weather is going to be really hot, we'll host at our marina so people have the option of plugging into A/C for sleeping; swimming pool; and the air conditioned lounge for the evening gathering. (There are still anchor-out possibilities within easy dinghy range for those heat-hardy souls.) If the weather will be milder, we'll find a more relaxed place up the Severn. Either way, the raftup will include a Sunday morning photo op at the Naval Academy bridge for those who missed it two years ago.
T37Chef and mgmhead like this.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 01-17-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Chef mentioned picnicing facilities on the Rhode River-

I live up in White Marsh Creek, on the Rhode, in a water-access neighborhood. It's a bit further up than the traditional anchorages such as High Island, but not far. It's also very, very sheltered with a muddy bottom and good holding.

My neighborhood has a dock, a small private beach, and a small pavilion and grill for gatherings. I can reserve it for a weekend (free of charge). People who want to come by car, are welcome and I can provide my Avon dinghy as a taxi to get people ashore for a bar-b-que.

I provide the facility, you guys provide the grub.
1973 Pearson 30 #255