Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012

4arch is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Sailing Season

Keep in mind that if we're still talking about the last weekend in May that it's Memorial Day weekend so that might give some people more time to make the trip down.

That said, for us 75 miles each way by water would probably be beyond our range even for a three day weekend unless weather and wind conditions were expected to be absolutely ideal for the whole weekend. And we'd have to respectfully decline coming to Spring Cove by land as it's a weekend we'd really prefer to spend on the water if possible.

Another option here would be to have simultaneous southern and northern bay raft-ups - though I certainly wouldn't want to steal any thunder from adams if it turns out having dual events would create competition for attendees.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Oh, my, this is getting complicated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 04-19-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Adams,

Just as a side, would love to see your Islander 32. My first keelboat was an Islander 28 ( Island Majic) and I still have fond memories about that boat. So rare to see them here on the Chessie. There are a few I36 up our way. When my wife and I went to San Diego and Catalina Island last December we saw lots of them in Southern California Marinas (they were built out there ) of all differing shapes and sizes including some of the large pilothouses.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-21-2012

Hung out at the club last night. Lots of members finally back in the water. We are planning on just sailing in the Patapsco and near Bay today as front and T storms forecasted later today and coastal noreeaster with 2 inches of rain for tomorrow.

It's great to be back on the water

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-21-2012

I went out for an evening sail last night - beautiful night! Then we went out again this morning - beautiful again! Dave, we saw Haleakula in Old Road Bay as we were heading in.

The decks are filthy and I still have a few winter projects to finish up but I decided I needed to sail her to get motivated to finish the jobs.

Last edited by 4arch; 04-21-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2012

Bryan,

We though we saw you guys, Spindrift. we were testing our autopilot out so we went over without sails. Once I was sure it was calibrated with the chart plotter we decided to sail with a furled jib. Winds were 15 to 25 in the river mouth/ bay entrance. We trucked over to Tollchester in about 11/2 hours doing 6+ with the. 150 furled to a 135. Main staved on the boom the entire day. Was a delightful sail back to Rock Creek docking with 20 knots behind you is always a moment to pause, but Donna handled it beautifully.

We had a pig out night and decided save our grilling for tomorrow and went to 5 Guys for a bucket of grease. But soooo good.

We are tied safely in our slip ricking and rolling with steady 15 knots with gusts to 35 as the front is going through and the northeaster winds up tonight. Meeting a new couple from SailNet tomorrow as they want to go over plans for their trip to theLISound for month in July. we may run into them coming back as we are heading up there.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-21-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road

Hi Chef, it was a nice day to sail today! Today instead of merely spilling wind we tried reefing for the first time. WHAT A REVALATION! We should have been doing this all along when it got gusty! Our little boat did great out in the bay this morning. it was like a whole different boat. I didn't want to come back in but I promised to knock some things off the Honey Do list before we go to Eleuthera. We were heading in to take care of business when we passed each other at the bouys.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Old 04-23-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

I'm trying to catch up after a bunch of time out sailing. Can someone post a summary of the planned dates and locations for the summer?
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 04-23-2012

Dave,

I don’t think we’ve really made much progress beyond the status update Donna provided a few weeks ago back in Post 39 except that adams3287 tentatively volunteered to take the last weekend in May at either Spring Cove Marina or St. Leonard Creek. That was toward the middle of last week and adams hasn’t been back to confirm. I also suggested a simultaneous northern bay event if May is going to be as far south as Solomons, but so far there hasn’t been any response to that suggestion.

Bryan
Old 04-23-2012

Dave,

We have taken October meeting at Cakaway for annual geese follies and circus there

I know its close to ( 2 weeks ) from the 4th Annual Rondevous on June 9 at MTC but Donna and I have the three days around Memorial Day weekend availaable. I know its close to the Rondevous at MYC ( 2 weeks) but we are game for a roving raft up.

Here are a couple of scenarios for us. We would welcome company 1 or two of the nights

All of these can be reverseed if the wind suggests it that wekend

Greys Inn Creek on the Chester (Sat) - Shaw/Dividing on the Wye (Sun)

Sassafrass (Sat)- Worton (Sunday)

Rhode (High Bar) Sat (Wye ( Sunday)

Corsica ( Sat) Wye or Aberdeen ( Sunday)

Any joiners, takers or other suggestions?

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-