2012-June 9- 4th Annual Chesapeake Sailnet Rondevous - Page 11 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2012-June 9- 4th Annual Chesapeake Sailnet Rondevous

Welcome back to the land of tax and spend. Good to have you guys back safe and sound with new stories UI am sure.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2012

aa3jy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
We're back in Annapolis so make us a definite "yes" - looking forward to seeing everyone. Land or sea = weather-dependant. If we come by boat, we'll anchor out. Although, to be honest, now that we're reunited with our car ... um, travel by car is more novel to us just now than travel by boat!
..or how about a motorcycle with a sidecar..which by-the-way..I've been back to Fla twice since I've saw you both in St. Augustine..finishing up cave dive training before our trip to Yucatan and their famous Cenotes(spanish for wells)..what a blast that was

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
Lankford Bay
Old 05-22-2012
Don't sail anymore

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Nice, thanks Dave - I think we'll probably wind up going via the water, I'll confirm after I run it by the Admiral tonight after I get home.

Any slips left?
Old 05-22-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Dave you mentioned in another thread that this starts at 6 PM. At what time can we arrive at our slips?

Thanks.
travlineasy likes this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 05-22-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

The following are the boats and people who have said they would be coming on June 9th to the 4th Annual Sailnet Rondevous held at the Maryland Yacht Club at 6 PM at the Pavillion.

I wasnt able to attach an excel sheet ( not sure why) Those over the red line are taking slips ( I am the last one) I know PBeezer (Aria) is only a possible, Not sure about Clay and Leslie (Tango) and have added Chrisnkate ( Heron)

So far 10-11 boats in slips, and 11 boats by land. Looks like anywhere between 60-80 people. I know Familycruiser and T37Chef will have their children as well as an assortment of dogs so we can have a dog show perhaps.

Looks like a great turnout. Some may drop off and we make pick some up. There are 12 members with boats attending from the Maryland Yacht Club as well

Those who need slips make sure I have included your length, depth and beam. Feel free to PM me any information I have inadevetantly left out about you ( names etc or further information if you need to get me slip measurements.

Donna and I will supply the hamburgers/ hot dogs buns with fixings () tomatoes, red onions, lettuce, relish mustard and ketchup, charcoal for the grills, paper plates, napkins, cups and utensils.

There is plenty of room under the pavillion with at least 25 picnic tables as well as wind/ rain screens which can be dropped if the weather requires it. Bathrooms are close by.

Those in slips can use the pool of course as well as the bathouse showers. There is a dinghy dock for those who want to anchor. Ample parking close to those who are coming by car.

I will include directions ( land and sea) as we get little closer. I would also suggest that you mention here as we get closer what you might be bringing to lay out on the tables so we dont get 14 potato salads or 20 watermelons. I would bring something, salad, accompanyment, dessert, etc for 20 people. We will have quite a variety then as we have in past years.

Most important bring yourselves. Its a great time and a fun time with faces matched to screenames as well as a great amount of copmmradierie as well as networking for eveyone. We have people of all sailing abilities as well as purpose and boats from 20- 40 feet. It has always been a good time in the past.

Donna and I are excited and love hosting thois event every year, and the sail fleet at our club also looks forward to it.

Feel free to PM me or e mail me at Chef2sail@aol.com ( make sure you put Sailnet Rondevous in the Subject line if you use aol.

Quote:
Boat Name Owner Boat Screename Length Beam Draft
S/V Auspicious Dave & Janet Halberg Rassey S/V Auspicious 39 13.5 6

S/V Spindrift Bryan & Sharon Lipincott 30 4arch 30

S/V Heron Chris and Kate Alberg 30 Crisnkate
30 11 5

S/V Halcyon Donna & John Catalina 30 Dferron

S/V Joel C&C 35 MK III Jsaronson 35 12.5 6

S/V Neverland Westerly Centar26 Familycruisers 26 8.5 3

S/V Rhythm Mike and Lori Catalina 387 mgmhead 38

S/V Gary Morgan 33 OI Travelneasy 33 13 4

S/V J Sabre 34 MKI Jozrulz
34 10.6 4

S/V Synergy Jeff and Barbara Farr 38 JeffH
38 12 6.4

S/V Aria John Ontario 32 Pbeezer 32
S/V Tango Clay and Leslie Cabo Rico aa3jy
S/V Haleakula Dave and Donna C&C 35 MKIII Chef2sail 35
S/V Windgeist Shawn and Irene Tartan 37 T37chef
S/V Cinderella Jaye and Dan CSY 33 Wingnwing
S/V Tranquillity Base Tom Islander 30 BahamaDecap
S/V Denise Oday 30 DeniseO30
S/V Sometimes Marty Venture 25 MobiusLilBitTwisted
S/V Old Shoes Pearson 30 BubbleheadMD
S/V Havsfidra 20 Ulladh
S/V Audrey Merit 25 ZZ4gta
S/V Take Five Rick & Lori Catalina 25 RhythmDoctor
S/V Nauti Time Macgregor 26 Swampcreek
SVAuspicious likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 05-23-2012
Don't sail anymore

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Excellent, looks like it'll be a really fun time! You have our length depth and beam down just fine, looks good there. I'll update soon with what we are bringing food wise, I'll have to think on that one.

We look forward to meeting everyone f2f!

Thanks Dave
Old 05-25-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

Chef-

Please remove me from the list. I now have an unavoidable family event that I must attend. You should be able to hear my profane screaming from where you're sitting about now...
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 05-25-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I would also suggest that you mention here as we get closer what you might be bringing to lay out on the tables so we dont get 14 potato salads or 20 watermelons. I would bring something, salad, accompanyment, dessert, etc for 20 people. We will have quite a variety then as we have in past years.
I am bringing deviled eggs and a quinoa salad.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 05-25-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Greek-style pasta salad with spinach, feta cheese, garbanzo beans.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 05-26-2012

MarioG is on a distinguished road

I guess us being in the Annapolis area and being told by Wing & Wing about this we will be there. It will be nice to meet everyone. Put us down for a spot in the anchorage.

I'm sure I can come up with something good to bring.