SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2012-June 9- 4th Annual Chesapeake Sailnet Rondevous

22K views 247 replies 30 participants last post by  4arch 
#1 ·
AHOY fellow sailors the date has been officially approved by my club to hold our annual Rondevous. The date will be Saturday June 9 at 6 PM at the Maryland Yacht Club. More information will follow.

As a side note this also coincides with the 2012 Sail OP which will be traveling and having events on the Patpsco River and Bay near the club. Some of them may be visable from the club itself as we are right at the end of the Patapsco and the Bay. They have not firmed up the events yet, aand there will be more to come.

The Maryland Yacht Club has facilities for at least 10- 12 slips, so please preregister with me. In addition the anchorage area is quite large and has room for 50 boats at leaset with goood holding ground and depths. The club has a dinghy dock, fuel and pumpout, showers and pool for those who take slips and a pavillion with 25 picnic tables and 5 grills to have our cookout. In the past we have had a pretty good trunout for this, and it is a great place to finally oput faces ( or behinds) to those who you correspond with or want to meeton here. If you dont have the weekend you can come by car and the club will allow you in to join us. More information will follow or feel free to ask here or PM me.

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
As a side note this also coincides with the 2012 Sail OP which will be traveling and having events on the Patpsco River and Bay near the club. Some of them may be visable from the club itself as we are right at the end of the Patapsco and the Bay. They have not firmed up the events yet, aand there will be more to come.

Dave
OpSail Baltimore is scheduled for the next weekend: 13 - 19 June. Will there be events in the area before that?

Count Halcyon in, please!

#7 ·
Hi Dave,

Please put Auspicious down for a slip: 41 x 12.5 x 5'8". 1 x 30A. We'll have our eggs scrambled in the morning please, bacon crispy, tomato juice no ice. *grin*

I rather liked that funny shaped slip no one else seemed to want last year. I enjoyed the challenge getting in and out.

#8 ·
We're there! We'll anchor out. Thanx for organizing, Dave.

#9 ·
Dave...Its lox, bagels and Kona on Sunday with Turkey sauasage in slip D-20.

I will try and arrange to have that slip or even a more challanging one for you to get into...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#13 · (Edited)
Just to keep this active, our 4th annual Chesapeake sail et Rondevous is lesstha 3 months away. Hoping some of the Delaware River crew come by boat or by car. It was great having you last year. We hope that some of the new posters on here come also with a bunch of us regualrs. Travelineasy...you coming? Sabreman? Solare? This is fun time and a greta chance to spend some time and make friendships in person of people we write about and see on here. My wife Donna and I have made some great friendships amet in person some really neat people.

It is a really laid back cookout that last for 3-4 hours with plenty of room and picnic tables and we have the pavillion area to ourselves. Then we keep it going on our boats. Nice to see some of the anchored boats as wells as do boat tours of some of the SN members who have taken slips. Who will forget Wayne and Sue and Virginia Dare and their beautiful boat and that concotion they made. Its $1.50 a foot and the most difficult slip is reserved for Dave ( S/V Auspicious.) We reserve a corner for him. Last year Jaye and Dan anchored right behind our slip. Bryan and Sharon took a slip as did Joss his wife and doggie and Mike in his new Cataina ( nice boat). TartanChef37 , Shaun, Iremne and his two cute daughters always show up,,,with great food ( no pressure). Hopefully that beautiful 35 Hinckley comes back with *Dog* and his family. We have DFerron ( Donna and John comming) they are a great couple and she does a lot of well timed posting on here), Decap (Tom) from accross the creek from us will be comming again. One of My favorite posters PBeezer is going to come this year, willl be a honor to finally meet him. Hopefully we can get JeffH to come with his new wife- He made the the first year. Hopefully the Delaware contingent comes. Last year we had Ric and his wife ( Rhythm Doctor), DeniseO30 (Denise and Hank- how is he doing anyway with his boat and new whisker pole)). There were others I do not mean to forget but its late. Make sure Captain Riizzo and the people we met on the Magothy after that horrendous log infested boat trip know to come. I will never forget spending 9/11 last year anchored with them and the service we did with the music in the AM.

If you are going to make one of the raftups and meet ups this is a ghood one as it is also accesable by land, so if you cannot get your boat here, or want to sail you boat for the day and just drive up it is about 45 minutes from Annapolis.

We will get more into the food particulars as we draw closer, but suffice it to say everyone usually brings something that will go for 20 people. Donna and I supply the hot dogs hamburgers buns and condiments as well as real charcoal. It BYOB also and we are not a DRY club by any means. Children are welcome of course and there is plenty of grass room and play areas for them. Some of the sailing members of the club will inevitably join us too.

We are hoping to meet some of the LI sailnetter this year when we travel up there so of course you guys are welcome if you want to come down by car or by boat. Word has it some of us who are there on FridAY NIGHT WILL Sat AM may even take a few out for a leisurely sail for the day. So it may be a chance for someof you to get a day sail in on the Chessie who dont live here or keep your boat here.

Mark June the 9th down, save it and show up.

Dave

#14 ·
My macaroni salad got pretty good reviews last year so I'll probably bring that again unless 1. we get a better idea or 2. I eat it all on the way up the Bay. *grin*

I seem to remember a tomato and onion salad someone made that was wonderfully delicate and much less acerbic than is often the case.

Wasn't there a really good mac and cheese also?

We've checked with all the powers that be and it turns out that calories at the Rendezvous don't count.

#16 ·
:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugherNo carlorie counting permitted. Yes I remember your macaroni salad was super good at least what you had left for us to eat

#19 ·
I'll be there the next week, too, after the SailNet weekend. I'm looking forward to sampling your restaurant. We're also considering membership. I've been weighed down at work but I have been emailing the membership chair and I need to get time to call.

#20 ·
Food eaten with friends has zero calories!!

We'll be starting the trek north around the end of March, looking forward to seeing you all in June. (By land or by sea, we aren't sure. We're stopping in Oriental for some boat work so it depends on how that goes.) If necessary we'll be renting a car. -- D&J

#25 ·
JSaronson you can get a slip...do you want to put down for one

Marty I have you down for one then

Udlladh- yes Wall Cove, but the anchorage is huge and will alow behind the club anchoiring or out front. Enough room to anchor for over 50 boats easily.

Bubbles...you are the only one who needs the permit.:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher

Hope to finally meet you.

Dave

#26 ·
Would have been nice to have a place to boil taters. Doing 10lbs worth puts a lot of moisture inside the boat. Now I'll have to think of something else. Oh well, it's all good. Be nice to meet so many new people and see those I already know, again.

#27 ·
John,

Cook em on the grill and make roasted potato salad with garlic, dill and malt vinegar. Just a suggestion from an ex chef. Actually Dan and Jaye turned us on to these neat little cages with handles you can put red B potatoes in and cook on our rail Mag,a grill. Veggies too...was something I learned from them at a SN Rondevous and use all the time now.

You are right cooking in June can be a stiffling experience as well as the moisture.

So far I have 6 down for slips ( 4arch, Auspicious, DFerron, P Beezer, JS Aronson, and Mobius.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.