Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
Lankford Bay Marina also has moorings...

Denise, you may want to check out Lankford Bay Marina. It is the boat facility at the end of the road down from Rock Hall YC and it also has fuel. The YC is a nice facility at a nice price but the moorings seem exposed to a pretty long fetch to me.

If you are down in the area, do look into Lankford Bay. I think the cost is pretty much the same as Swan Creek. All the moorings are out at this time of year but they sit in the little turn of the creek that does offer some protection on all but the opening to come into the marina. The dinghy racks are easy to load from and it is a quiet spot. Rock Hall is a 7-9 minute car ride if you want to enjoy the businesses Rock Hall offers or be in the crowds for all the annual functions. We do need about four hours to get to the Bay by boat but if it is blowing like stink, we can still get a decent day's sail on the Chester without it kicking up too much. Coming from that location, one can hit all the Bay Bridge area attractions for a weekend excursion.

Feel free to call Doug, Barbara or John at Lankford Bay and give my name. I would certainly ask for monthly pricing....as a customer, you can ask for what you want or need. You may not get it but that is why there is freedom of choice and you can chose to use your dollars elsewhere.

Good luck and let us know where you wind up. Maybe we can get together this year by water?

with kind regards,

Leslie

s/v Tango,
Cabo Rico 34
on the hard, Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
hanks for the Information Leslie!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-23-2012

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Denise,

Check private docks, the local "penny saver" type paper may have something, or craigslist, eBay, etc...

You will be hard pressed to find anything on the bay for $600 though, (I'm sure you already know that) unless you find that private dock thats someones willing to rent.

Its also legal to drop a mooring, but access to the water would likely be the obstacle? More about moorings on the bay; http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/srmbuoys.asp

Its a long shot, but there is a community marina back Swan Creek, if you could find out if anyone there was willing and able to rent you their slip you would be all set. Check it out on google maps or active captain, its on the western side of the Northern Branch of Swan Creek, approx 39-09.50'N and 76-15.413'W

There is another option that could be in your price range located on the Magothy, maybe thats too far for you and the 95 commute? Send me a PM if you want more info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary

Last edited by T37Chef; 02-23-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-25-2012

gershel is on a distinguished road
I don't know if you considered Worton Creek, But Green Point marina is a cozy, no frills place, with moorings. When I stayed there about 3 years ago, moorings were about $200/mo. Really nice A/C showers.
Chestertown is about 5 mi. by car. The drive down is about 1 1/2 hours from Langhorne, Pa. Worton Cr. marina is nearby with a well stocked chandlery.
Marc
Old 02-25-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Denise,

You can still find some good prices in the upper reaches of the North East River and lower Susquehanna River. There are a few good places along the Elk, Bohemia and Sassafras rivers too. Lots of options, some may even be in your price range.

Good Luck,

Gary