||02-22-2012 10:07 AM
Nothing wrong with that. We also re-evaluate our options every other year or so. A few months ago we looked into joining a yacht club as the slip rental is considerably less expensive. But once we weighed that against having no yard services, having to move the boat to get it worked on, having to locate a yard to haul out in a hurricane (and having to move the boat to that yard instead of just sending an email to our marina), having to locate a yard for winter storage, and all the other things we take for granted, we decided to stay put. Perhaps if we weren't two hours away it would be different.
We did decide that next winter, now that we have an engine that will get us through the canal, we are moving the boat to Delaware City for winter storage so it's closer to work on. We'll return to Rock Hall in the spring.