SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Rock Hall Transportation Update

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aa3jy 
#1 ·
They don't call it the Rock Hall trolly any longer, but the Rock Hall Blue Crab Crawler and the Osprey Flyer are now operational as of 15 June. Cost is $1 per trip.

It would be great if anyone could purchase a season pass but as far as I know, only property owners can for $35.

#3 ·
It’s good to hear a transport service is back up and running - and the price is right!

That said, I’ve always thought the RH transportation issues could be significantly reduced by getting more bikes on the roads. RH is a very bikeable town but the $4-5 per hour bike rental rates most of the marinas charge for transients don’t exactly encourage people to use bikes for anything beyond brief errands or quick joyrides around town. If my wife and I wanted to take two bikes across town for a few hours to go to dinner we’d be looking at $30 and it would be even worse if we wanted to be ambitious and spend an afternoon exploring Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge. There are several times we’d have been happy to pay $30 or so if we could have used the bike all day or all weekend but it’s quite steep just for a ride to dinner.

#4 · (Edited)
...RH is a very bikeable town but the $4-5 per hour bike rental rates most of the marinas charge for transients don't exactly encourage people to use bikes for anything beyond brief errands or quick joyrides around town. ...
Interesting. I thought our bikes at Osprey Point/Gratitude were free to anyone in a slip. I'm checking on that.

Edit: Just got confirmation that the bikes are free and they've just ordered new ones to replace the old fleet. Internet access is free as well.

#6 ·
You're welcome. Gratitude has a new service manager and he has replaced or ordered more of a bunch of stuff. He's very visible and accommodating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.