SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Orionid Meteor Shower Saturday Night 20 Oct (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/93206-orionid-meteor-shower-saturday-night-20-oct.html)

wingNwing 10-18-2012 12:33 AM

Orionid Meteor Shower Saturday Night 20 Oct

And the weather is expected to be clear sky and light winds. Anyone game for anchoring out to see the sky show? We're headed to Whitehall Bay near Annapolis, along with our long underwear and extra fuel for the heater.

aa3jy 10-18-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Orionid Meteor Shower Saturday Night 20 Oct

Very warm here, about 88F..down for Biketoberfest. But will have an ocean front view tonight:)

Clay
Ormond Beach,Fl.

aa3jy 10-19-2012 10:02 AM

Don't know about meteor showers tonight..but there will be plenty of activity along Main Street here in Daytona Beach with Romney and Ryan com'n to town. Wonder if they will be rid'n Harleys and sport'n leathers..:laugher

Clay
Daytona Beach,Fl

MMR 10-19-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingNwing (Post 935246)
And the weather is expected to be clear sky and light winds. Anyone game for anchoring out to see the sky show? We're headed to Whitehall Bay near Annapolis, along with our long underwear and extra fuel for the heater.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll put it on our to do list for Saturday!

chef2sail 10-19-2012 01:16 PM

We may also be anchored in either Whitehall Creek or Mill Creek as our Sailfleet is doing its Frostbite Cruise. Not sure where they will choose to go as its decided Sat AM. If they pick Eagles Cove Again we are headed elsewhere. If e re thre well look for you. We have our prance heater and down covers ready as temps in the 40s predicted. Remember what they are Jayne ( smile)

We have a 62 Sundeer Crazy Horse as the central boat.

Made a crazy Asian bulk Salad last night for it. Quinona, mini- penne, straw mushrooms, baby born, mangos, snow peas, sun dried tomatoes, red kidney beans, roasted red peppers, mini black olives and fresh mango. Dressing was a black sesame oil, wasabi, diced pickled ginger,
Rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds.

Will be looking for the meteorites....thanks Mary

Dave

chef2sail 10-20-2012 10:06 PM

We wound up in Broad Creek Magothy for the meteor shower. 8 MYC club boats including a 64 ft staining catamaran which is the viewing platform tonight replete with two telescopes.

Dave

arf145 10-23-2012 02:36 PM

I was anchored off of Leadenham Creek in the Choptank area Saturday night. I woke up at 5 to do an anchor check, which is convenient from our V berth because you can just stand up through the forward hatch, and there Orion was right in front of me! I watched for a couple of minutes and saw two meteorites off Orion's left shoulder. Then the nippy air got the better of me and it was back to sleep. But thanks for the heads up, WnW! I wouldn't have looked otherwise.