2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 - Page 13 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

Thanks Shawn for the map. You can avoid the crab pots off of Bodking with a larger arc toward the main Parapsco Channel. The channel into Rock Creek is fairly straighforward and easy. I will give detailed sea and land directions once we get closer to the day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-18-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

I am not even sure this would be allowed by MYC rules but would anyone be interested in particpating in a small "flea market" of sorts before/during the meet up?

I have some "stuff", not junk, that I bet someone could use and would sell it really cheap. Since we'll be in the pavillion, a table or two dedicated to stuff could work. I would even consider the sales being a donation to Dave & Donaa for their hospitality and cost of the burgers, hot dogs, and fixins...

Some examples of things I have folks might be interested in:
- Large Life Sling Cover, practically new
- Datamarine Wind Instrument, like new
- Teak Outboard Rail Mount
- Windscoop, like new

several other small things I cant remember at the moment, they just pile up in my basement because I hate trying to sell them on Craigslist or eBay

Thoughts
chucklesR likes this.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 04-18-2013

Ill buy the LS cover from you

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-22-2013
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave,
Please put us down as a maybe. This will be our first sailing season with our new little one. He's 6 months old now--he should be manning the foredeck by June, right? Seriously, we plan to sail a lot this season, but expect our trips may need to be shorter and a bit closer to home. We missed last year though, so it would be great to see everyone. I'll touch base as we get closer and let you know our plans.

Either way, thanks so much for putting this together. We hope to see you all soon!
Best,
J
Old 04-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by josrulz View Post
Hi Dave,
Please put us down as a maybe. This will be our first sailing season with our new little one. He's 6 months old now--he should be manning the foredeck by June, right? Seriously, we plan to sail a lot this season, but expect our trips may need to be shorter and a bit closer to home. We missed last year though, so it would be great to see everyone. I'll touch base as we get closer and let you know our plans.

Either way, thanks so much for putting this together. We hope to see you all soon!
Best,
J
Gottcha J... would be great to see you guys again

Congrats by the way

And you though sailing with a puppy was going to be complicated,,,haha

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-22-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

I'm in for a swap meet/used item offering if Dave says it's okay.
Put a dibs on the teak outboard mount for me just in case...
Old 04-22-2013
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Gottcha J... would be great to see you guys again

Congrats by the way

And you though sailing with a puppy was going to be complicated,,,haha
HA HA! You're right about that. Worrying about sailing with the pup seems like really old news now. And thanks for the congrats!
Old 04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I'm in for a swap meet/used item offering if Dave says it's okay.
Put a dibs on the teak outboard mount for me just in case...
I see no problem reserving a table for a "sailor" exchange as long as it isn't to overt ( neon signs,,,auctioneer).

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-23-2013

Long range forecast for June 7&8-
Quote:
forecast for night: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning
Update on the 2013 Sailnet Rendezvous on June 8, which is only 6 weekends from this Saturday/ Plenty of room for more if you want to attend by sea or land.

We have 19 boats so far who have asked for slips and they are reserved/ We will have room for a few more slips if necessary.

4Arch
JSAronson
Chuckles
Gunk-Holer
Ulladah
Travelneasy
JimHuggins0350
BCC1
Uncle Jim/Mom Clarissa
Brokesailor
Silvio
MGMhead
Flyingjib
Boz86
TakeFive
Johnny Quest
Mike K
Jozrulz
Dfork

We have 7 boats at least by land or anchoring
SAILORTJK1
AirbourneSF
Resolute ZS
WingnWing
T37 Solare
Sailordave
Wkupersa

In addition there will be T37chef and 6 or so MYC boats involved too. Also Dfork may have a few more boats from their club on the northern Chesapeake. So it appears we will be hovering around 100 people which will make it the best attended Rendezvous to date.

Let me know if you want to attend or there are changes in your status. Thanks Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-23-2013

Festivities usually begin around 6. It is a really laid back cookout that last for 3-4 hours with plenty of room and picnic tables and we have the covered pavilion area to ourselves. Then we keep it going on our boats. Nice to see some of the anchored boats as well. Some do boat tours of some of the SN members who have taken slips. Gary ( Travelneasy) has offered some nice lite music I believe as he did last year and I am sure have lots of tales about his trip to the Keys this winter..

Transient lip fee is $1.50 a foot and $5 per 30 amp line, unless you belong to a YC with reciprocity with MYC. With the transient slip comes use of the pool as well as the showers. MYC has a fuel dock as well as a pump out also. All transactions at MYC must be credit cards. The restaurant will be open till 3 PM and then closed for a private party

There is plenty of anchorage space either right out in the cove front of the club on Rock Creek with room for 30 boats easily between MYC and White Rocks Marina, or you can anchor in the cove behind our and T37chefs slips beyond "D" pier" There is a dinghy dock at the bulkhead between "B" and "C" piers at the bulkhead at the parking lot.

If you are going to make one of the raft ups/ meet ups this is a good one as it is also accessible by land, so if you cannot get your boat here, or want to sail you boat for the day and just drive up it is about 45 minutes from Annapolis.

Donna and I supply the hot dogs, hamburgers, buns and condiments and paper plates as well as real charcoal.

We will get more into the food particulars as we draw closer to insure we don't get all apps, desserts, salads etc., but suffice it to say everyone usually brings something that will go for 15- 20 people. The food in the past has been great.

It BYOB also and we are not a DRY club by any means. Children are welcome of course and there is plenty of grass room and play areas for them. There is a dog walk area also Some of the sailing members of the club will inevitably join us too.

This has always been a successful event attended by nice people who want to hang out, exchange information, make new friendships, and meet some of the REAL personalities behind the screenames.

We are really looking forward to seeing old friends this year and meeting new ones.

If you have any questions feel free to post them or PM me. Thanks Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-