2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 - Page 14 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: 2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

Great summary Dave. I just wanted to reiterate that kids are welcome, our two girls Elizabeth (8) and Olivia (6) would be thrilled to have some other kidsthere. As new members of MYC we will be at the club Saturday hanging around, we'll sail Sunday.

As mentioned, it looks like we're good to go for a sailors flea market table so bring anything of reasonable size to exchange, sell, or donate the sale to Dave for the burgers and dogs.

Also as mentioned, boat tours could be fun for those who enjoy seeing interesting ideas folks have done to their boats.

We're looking foward to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2013

momclarissa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momclarissa View Post
"Realization"
Hunter 34 4 1/2 ft draft, 11 ft beam

Thanks, Dave!
Hey Dave! Now that Realization's back in the water her beam isn't 11' its
11'7". Our home slip is 12' wide and it's a squeeze. Will we able to have a wider slip? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
For folks not familiar with the area...there is plenty of water but don't cut Ft Smallwood/Rock Point to close and prior you will find lots of crab pots. Coming from the South you can "hang a left" into the Patapsco once you round the GC "1" off Bodkin Pt From the North you have a few more options.

Shawn - I've traced your "red zone" onto my chart plotter software (it looks like you added another danger zone that wasn't there before!). So now I can be 100% sure that I won't snag a crab pot line, as long as I make sure not to look up from my chartplotter. Right, Dave?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 04-23-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by momclarissa View Post
Hey Dave! Now that Realization's back in the water her beam isn't 11' its
11'7". Our home slip is 12' wide and it's a squeeze. Will we able to have a wider slip? Thanks!
Ill note that to the manager. Most of our slips are 13 ft or larger beams
momclarissa likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Shawn - I've traced your "red zone" onto my chart plotter software (it looks like you added another danger zone that wasn't there before!). So now I can be 100% sure that I won't snag a crab pot line, as long as I make sure not to look up from my chartplotter. Right, Dave?

If you run into the shoal or a crab pot looking at the chartplotter on anything else...you get whats refered to in our club as the "skunk flag" ( a picture of a skunk run up your flag halyard)

Shawn just added the shoal area off of Fort Smallwood in red. Most of the crab pots extend from Bodkin halfway over to the Fort Smallwood Shoal

From the direction you are coming ( Northern Chesapeake) if you line up the Main Channel G3 or Red6 visually with the Big White Rocks you should have no problems.

This is very wide open and easily visible and a no sweat entry into Rock Creek, as long as you don't try and hot dog it and split the White Rocks.. Its not like Fairlee, Rock Hall or Bodkin even.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 05-06-2013

boz86 is on a distinguished road

I'm getting nervous about whether our boat will be ready -- she's in the yard right now and I have a lot more to do inside before she's ready for primetime.

So if you need a slip I can offer the one you reserved for me now or leave the offer open.

We'll still attend, just by car.
Old 05-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boz86 View Post
I'm getting nervous about whether our boat will be ready -- she's in the yard right now and I have a lot more to do inside before she's ready for primetime.

So if you need a slip I can offer the one you reserved for me now or leave the offer open.

We'll still attend, just by car.
Well keep the slip open for you as we have a few open still. Glad you will attend either way

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 05-06-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

I am sorry to report that Barbara and I will not be able to make it this year. We have always looked forward to this event but unfortunately have business out of town that weekend. This has always been a super event. Thanks Dave for pulling this together and thank you to all of the SailNet members who make the gathering and SailNet special. Have a wonderful time.

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Old 05-19-2013

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Dave

We're a firm maybe. Still in Florida, so weather will dictate our pace north. Plus I may have a bit of work on the way up...
If we make it, we'll anchor out.

Xort / Trox
Old 05-20-2013

Gotcha Ed:

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.