2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 - Page 20 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

Gary, No rain date necessary. We sailors are a hearty lot

The Pavilion where we will be has sides to it which can be rolled down to keep us dry if necessary creating a large dry area with tables which seats over 125. Right next to the parking lot.

This was one of the original reasons we have chose to have it at MYC, just in case the weather gods didn't shine on us, people could still get together, they may just come by car.

Weather right now looks hard to figure. This far out I would say it may shower T storm Friday with a chance on Saturday then clearing as the day goes on. Sunday looks great.

I will repost driving directions.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2013

Ok much awaited directions by land-

Maryland Yacht Club
1500 Fairview Beach Road
Pasadena, MD 21122

By land:

From 95N/ 295N/97N North- Get off at Route 100 East- Gibson Island. Take about 6 miles (get to the left when it joins Route 10) and take 100 to first traffic light ( Magothy bridge Road).
Make a left on Magaothy Bridge and go 2 traffic lights (1.5 miles) to Fort Smallwood Road ( 7/11 of left). At Fort Smallwood Road bear right.

From 95 north of Baltimore- Take I95S to exit 64 B (695E) , first exit off to the right and take left fork East to the Key Bridge Dundalk. Go 13 miles...cross the Key bridge and get off at exit 1 (Quarentine Rd). Make a left off of the exit ramp. Go down two lights and make a left (Route 173E). Go about 6 miles...then 173 makes a right after the McDonalds...follow 173 through two traffic lights, when you pass Popoyees on right get in left lane as 173 turns left at the next traffic light ( It is now Fort Smallwood Road.) Follow straight 1 mile at next light ( 7/11 on your right continue straight and follow other directions.

From Annapolis- Route 50 - take 50E across Servern River bridge and get off at Route 2 Governor Ritchie Hwy ( exit right after crossing bridge). Stay left and you are on Ritchie HWY ( Route 2). Go 8 miles or so to Old Annapolis Road ( Route 648) and make a right. Go about 2 miles down 648 abd you will hit Magothy Bridge Road at the traffic light, go right. Go across Route 100 ( traffic light) and make a right 2 traffic lights later ( Fort Smallwood Road and follow other directions.

Directions for all:

Go about 3-4 miles ( You will pass a golf course, big sweeping curve to your left afterwards (dive bar on right) and you will come to Fairview beach Road on left ( Maryland Yacht Club Blue Sign on Road Post.). MYC is at end of deer filled and crossed road so dont speed to fast. After entering MYC, Pavillion is down the hill in front of you, please park by it and not in members parking spots if you can.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-04-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Don't forget to bring your dancin' shoes, Dave.

Gary
Old 06-04-2013
Lies about her age

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Looks like My friend Hank won't be coming. My girlfriend Pat will be though! She's learning to sail. We had a great day on the River today! Still bringing cheesecake!
T37Chef likes this.

my current "project"!
Old 06-05-2013

Well, I'm ready. I just finished loading the music equipment in the van for today's job, and it will stay there till Sunday or Monday. Yesterday evening I labeled the bottles of Kickopoo Joy Juice (homemade Kahlua) and they'll be ready for those that wish to imbibe.

Gary
T37Chef and flyingjib like this.
Old 06-05-2013

Looks great Gary,

That stuff had a good kick to it....as well as a good taste. Much appreciated

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 06-05-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Shucks, I'm just bringing my sparkling personality, a big bottle of Gosslings - and my wife to make up for what I'm lacking.
T37Chef likes this.
Old 06-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Looks like My friend Hank won't be coming. My girlfriend Pat will be though! She's learning to sail. We had a great day on the River today! Still bringing cheesecake!
Ill miss Hank.......and welcome Pat

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 06-05-2013
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road

Dave, looks like life is getting in the way of a good time for me. We're 'downsizing' again and packing so movers may haul stuff to storage. Very likely I will be unable to attend this year, and if I do manage to squeeze the trip in, I'll just anchor out or arrive by auto. No need for a slip for Rhythm.

Wish you all a great time and hope I get to show up, but it's a long shot.
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 06-05-2013

Chuck, I gotta meet the lady that married you! Hmmmm! Lots of ladies said that about me, though. They might have a lot to talk about.

See you at the Rendezvous,

Gary