2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 - Page 22 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013

johnnyquest37 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

This from this week's notice to mariners:

MD – CHESAPEAKE BAY – COVE POINT TO SANDY POINT – WILLIAM P. LANE JR MEMORIAL BRIDGES – Regulated
area
The annual “The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim” races will occur on Sunday, June 9, 2013. The 1-mile swim in the Chesapeake
Bay off Kent Island will start at 7:45 a.m. and finish at 9:30 a.m. The 4.4-mile swim across the Chesapeake Bay will start at 8
a.m. and finish at 12 Noon. During the event, as described in Title 33 CFR Sec. 100.501, a regulated area on all waters of the
Chesapeake Bay, between and adjacent to the spans of the William P. Lane Jr. Memorial Bridge shore to shore 500 yards north
of the north span of the bridge from the western shore at latitude 39°00'36" N, longitude 076°23'53" W and the eastern shore at
latitude 38°59'14" N, longitude 076°20'00" W, and 500 yards south of the south span of the bridge from the western shore at
latitude 39°00'16" N, longitude 076°24'30" W and the eastern shore at latitude 38°58'39" N, longitude 076°20'10" W. The
regulated area will be enforced from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on June 9, 2013. Except for persons or vessels authorized by the Coast
Guard Patrol Commander, and event sponsor-designated participants and official patrol vessels, no person or vessel may enter
or remain in the regulated area. The Coast Guard Captain of the Port Baltimore can be contacted at telephone number (410)
576-2525 or 2693. Official patrol vessels enforcing this area can be contacted on marine radio VHF-FM channel 16. The Coast
Guard Patrol Commander may forbid and control the movement of all vessels in the regulated area, and upon being hailed or
signaled by an official patrol vessel, the operator of a vessel shall immediately comply with the instructions given. Failure to do
so may result in expulsion from the area, citation for failure to comply, or both. Vessel operators may contact the Patrol
Commander to request permission to pass through the regulated area. If permission is granted, vessels must pass directly
through the regulated area at safe speed and without loitering. The U.S. Coast Guard may be assisted in the patrol and
enforcement of the area by Federal, State, and local agencies. For any comments or questions, contact Coast Guard Sector
Baltimore, Waterways Management Division, at (410) 576-2674 or Ronald.L.Houck@uscg.mil. Charts: 12263, 12270.

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT REMOVING POLITCAL TAG LINES -- NOW!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2013

Ulladh is on a distinguished road

Due to forecast heavy rain and thunderstorms on Friday for the first leg of my trip I will not be sailing to MYC. I will miss the rondevous but will be planning on attending next year.

Colin
Old 06-06-2013
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna

I too am going to have to bail on the event due to Andrea. Stay dry everyone and safe.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 06-06-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Mel, I'm crushed - I'll really miss you and some of the others that will not make it. Hopefully, we'll meet again in the not too distant future.

Gary
Old 06-06-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
I don't know if we can make it either...the long walk from the boat to the pavilion could be treacherous. Bawahahahahahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 06-06-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Looks like it will the first SN gathering that is not going to be sweltering hot! Yay!

My itinerary; ( a whaaat?)
Leave here early, stop for breakfast on the way. 1st stop BACON SAILS, they close at 2, 2nd stop Annapolis. Have lunch at the park benches at Ego Alley. Then do a walking tour of the the town, Then back to the eastern shore to check out a friends catamaran at Worton creek. Then up and over or down across the bay again and up to the SN gathering. ( Yes Cheesecake be in the cooler) My g/f Pat is going to be in sailing interest overload by late Sunday night LOL

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-06-2013
SV Skalliwag #141

brokesailor is on a distinguished road

Dave: Due to weather on Friday Marcella and I will be driving up to MYC Saturday instead. I called/emailed MYC to cancel reservation. Looks like we will have to start our Newport RI cruise from Solomons.
Old 06-06-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

That's an action packed day
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Looks like it will the first SN gathering that is not going to be sweltering hot! Yay!

My itinerary; ( a whaaat?)
Leave here early, stop for breakfast on the way. 1st stop BACON SAILS, they close at 2, 2nd stop Annapolis. Have lunch at the park benches at Ego Alley. Then do a walking tour of the the town, Then back to the eastern shore to check out a friends catamaran at Worton creek. Then up and over or down across the bay again and up to the SN gathering. ( Yes Cheesecake be in the cooler) My g/f Pat is going to be in sailing interest overload by late Sunday night LOL

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-06-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Sorry you won't be here. No one here will be wet except for Friday

Andrea be a non issue here will be long gone and past the area here by Friday midnight till 2AM. Just a lot of rain. By the time we wake Saturday AM the forecast is for cloudy to partly cloudy a and clearing skies. Saturday at 6 weather looks great.

Don't let Fridays weather deter you. Saturday and Sunday are looking good.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
I too am going to have to bail on the event due to Andrea. Stay dry everyone and safe.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-06-2013
1979 C&C 30 MK1

flyingjib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
I don't know if we can make it either...the long walk from the boat to the pavilion could be treacherous. Bawahahahahahaha
Not funny!