SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

28K views 286 replies 43 participants last post by  xort 
#1 ·
As has been the tradition the last 5 years Donna and I would like to continue to host the 5th Annual Chesapeake Bay Sailnet Rondevous at the Maryland Yacht Club on Saturday June 8, 2013 at 6 PM. We enjoy organizing and contributing to the commradiere of the event and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The Rondevous in the past has had from between 50-90 participants.

I know its early to start planning as some of us havent even winterized our boats for 2012, but I though it would be good to get the date solidified for the upcomming year.

The MYC has been a good location for Sailnetters to reach from the uppper and middle Chesapeake. We have a great protected anchorage in Rock Creek if you decide to come by boat, availability for slips at $2 a foot, and also easily accessed by land shouldn you not be able to make it a weekend here or are coming from Pa, NJ, DC or Virginia by car. One of the great advantages having it here is that you can participate by land or by sea.

We use the clubs Pavillion which is covered with a roof and has wind/ rain screens if needed and has over 25 picnic tables as well as 6 BBQ pits for the get together on Saturday night.

MYC has a pool and showers for those who take slips as well as a full fuel dock with pumpout should you need it. Electricity for the slip is right now $5.

This year we may add a BBQ cook off ( lots of smack being talked here) as well as an informal breakfast get together the next morning for thoise who didnt get to "talk" to everyone,

In the past we have been lucky to have had some of the moderators attend and hope that will also continue this year also,

Feel free to ask questions or sign up as early as you want as I am starting a list.

Mark the date on your calander!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#277 ·
...my thanks to Dave and Donna for your great efforts and generosity.

Reactions: boz86
#278 ·
Just a quick note of thanks to all who attended and made this a very special event.

Thank you all for sharing your camaraderie, stories, laughter and sailing fellowship with Donna and I as well as it appears each other.

Special thanks to Gary for not only his music ( I knew it was you singing ). It has been a great addition to the last two Annual Rendezvous. And oh yes that Green Coconut Margarita is a potent addition to my list. I can see me sipping that in Marathon Harbor some day soon. Also thanks for bringing your wife.

Thanks to all who brought the great foods from meatballs, apple ginger Cole slaw, 7 layer bean dip, tiramisu ( this was killer), fruit salads, brownies, shrimp, Bundt cake and other salads to name a few. It was a pantheon of culinary delights and no one went hungry to say the least. ( I heard Ed got duck and caviar but I must have missed that when I was cooking the burgers and that was passed around)

Many new faces this year and new friends to raft up with for us. Many PMs this morning. Rick...Thanks for coming all the way from Pa by your boat and thanks to all who came by car after the weather threatened to dampen things, which we knew it couldn't.

We are happy to be able to continue the tradition started now 5 years ago at a small gathering together of Sailnet friends which has grown into a regular second weekend in June Rendezvous for sailors at MYC on the Chesapeake.

We'll have to post some raft up dates as the season progresses- T37chef
Totally agree.

Thank you all again for coming and making it so successful.
( I managed to get 1/2 bottle of the secret Kahlua)

Dave

#280 ·
Thank you, chef2sail, for putting this all together!

And Thank you, Gary, for the music and drinks! your concoctions are dangerously good...

It was a pleasure meeting everyone - this was a wonderful first foray into the boating community.

#281 ·
Thanks, Judy and I had a great time, the trip back to Middle River the water was like glass. Dave & Donna is was a fun time, the food was great the other members of Maryland Yacht Club were very friendly and the staff and manager were also great.

I enjoyed listening to one couple (bad with names) that are cruising full time.

Judy is normally the crew, but this past weekend she was captain, took the boat out of slip, did all plotting and chart work, docked at club, lost reverse gear while bowing into slip but didn't hit the dock, pull the kill cable, did the trip back and dock stern in while I shifted the gear manually. I never once did any steering. It was great to see her new found skills, interest and to she could handle the boat under power and get it into slip with wind and current.

Thanks,

Jim & Judy
Pacific Seacraft 34
Breakaway Too

#283 ·
Jim,

Thank you and Judy for coming. We enjoyed her view of the old Hamden neighborhood. Glad you got back to Middle River with no further incident. Nice looking boat

Dave

Thanks, Judy and I had a great time, the trip back to Middle River the water was like glass. Dave & Donna is was a fun time, the food was great the other members of Maryland Yacht Club were very friendly and the staff and manager were also great.

I enjoyed listening to one couple (bad with names) that are cruising full time.

Judy is normally the crew, but this past weekend she was captain, took the boat out of slip, did all plotting and chart work, docked at club, lost reverse gear while bowing into slip but didn't hit the dock, pull the kill cable, did the trip back and dock stern in while I shifted the gear manually. I never once did any steering. It was great to see her new found skills, interest and to she could handle the boat under power and get it into slip with wind and current.

Thanks,

Jim & Judy
Pacific Seacraft 34
Breakaway Too

#284 ·
great time

Thanks to all for a very special evening, we had a great time. Good food, good music, and plenty to drink (not uncommon for sailors). Best of all, we met some really great people and got to visit with "old friends". Thanks Dave and Donna, we'll try to make this a stop every year on our way north.

#285 ·
Re: great time

Thanks to all for a very special evening, we had a great time. Good food, good music, and plenty to drink (not uncommon for sailors). Best of all, we met some really great people and got to visit with "old friends". Thanks Dave and Donna, we'll try to make this a stop every year on our way north.
Thanks for coming. Did you make the Apple Ginger Cole Slaw?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.