SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

28K views 286 replies 43 participants last post by  xort 
#1 ·
As has been the tradition the last 5 years Donna and I would like to continue to host the 5th Annual Chesapeake Bay Sailnet Rondevous at the Maryland Yacht Club on Saturday June 8, 2013 at 6 PM. We enjoy organizing and contributing to the commradiere of the event and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The Rondevous in the past has had from between 50-90 participants.

I know its early to start planning as some of us havent even winterized our boats for 2012, but I though it would be good to get the date solidified for the upcomming year.

The MYC has been a good location for Sailnetters to reach from the uppper and middle Chesapeake. We have a great protected anchorage in Rock Creek if you decide to come by boat, availability for slips at $2 a foot, and also easily accessed by land shouldn you not be able to make it a weekend here or are coming from Pa, NJ, DC or Virginia by car. One of the great advantages having it here is that you can participate by land or by sea.

We use the clubs Pavillion which is covered with a roof and has wind/ rain screens if needed and has over 25 picnic tables as well as 6 BBQ pits for the get together on Saturday night.

MYC has a pool and showers for those who take slips as well as a full fuel dock with pumpout should you need it. Electricity for the slip is right now $5.

This year we may add a BBQ cook off ( lots of smack being talked here) as well as an informal breakfast get together the next morning for thoise who didnt get to "talk" to everyone,

In the past we have been lucky to have had some of the moderators attend and hope that will also continue this year also,

Feel free to ask questions or sign up as early as you want as I am starting a list.

Mark the date on your calander!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Dave,

Thank you to you and Donna for hosting and arranging the rendezvous once again and for getting a jump start on planning. Sharon and I will certainly plan on being there and would also like to put ourselves down for a slip.

Bryan

#3 ·
Thats great Brian.

You are one of the originals and have been every year. In fact i thnk it is where Donna and I met Sharon and you even tough we had corresponded on SN threads.. We have had a great friendship since then and hung out numerous times.

One of the recommendations that people made was to get the date set early before sailing season even started so we are able to do that.

I am working on a "Lions of the Chesapeake" Sailing burgee. Maybe someone in our group could work on getting a photoshoot organized for next September like we had a few years ago. Shawn ( T37chef) and Haleakula from that shoot will appear in this years May 2013 Calander at the Anything Sailing website. Also Solare is the Front page of the Calander.

http://www.anything-sailing.com/showthread.php/10150-Anything-Sailing-2013-Calendar-Results

Thanks for continuing to support the event.

dave

Dave

#4 ·
Hasn't Solare been out of the water for a while for a refit?

I saw her out a couple of weeks ago as we were taking Palmetto Moon down for a final pump out before winterizing so I know they got in some sailing this season, but I thought I remembered reading that they were doing so fairly extensive work but don't remember what or even if I'm right.

#8 ·
Welcomne to SN Joe, and the Chessie group

Lots of great people and info in this area.
Where do you keep your boat?

Have you down Joe for a slip. This thread will be active so keep checking back over the next few months as things flesh out.

Feel free to also join and meet others. Wingnwing is heading a get together in Dec. I am sure we will have rondevous also starting in March.

Dave

#16 ·
Dave, thanks for organizing and though it won't help planning much, we've got to give you a firm "maybe." It's on our calendar ... but so is a chance to crew in northern Lake Michigan for 2 weeks with an old friend, and we'd tie in a visit to several friends and relatives in the Chicago area. We'll let you know as plans firm up later in the spring.

#21 ·
It has changed Jim...There are 130 slips.....70 of which are sail. I have you down,

Will be good to meet you. Where do you normally keep your boat?

Dave

#23 ·
Thats a VERY NICE marina! We played duck and cover there when Hurricane Sandy came by, the marina actually CUT rates for the storm! I work for BGE so line adjustment isn't an option for me during large storms since I'm usually working, I need a floating dock. We enjoyed our stay up there so much we have added it to our places to visit this Summer...and we hardly ever go to the city!

You'll like the Sailnet gathering at MYC, we went last year for the first time and had a real good time. We're almost over the twitches, tremors and nightmares from our initiation!

Reactions: chef2sail
#25 ·
Dave,
A firm maybe from Rhythm too. I'd already planned to be back in the Chesapeake late May or early June. Now there's a firm date to be to Rock Creek and the MYC.

I'll keep you apprised of our travels and ETA in Maryland.

#26 ·
Dave,

Sounds great, we'll be finishing up a 2+ week vacation, hopefully aboard Windgeist. Put us down for a slip this year, if we aren't already members by then ;) We'll need 45' x 14' give or take a few.

Anyone who arrives early, perhaps we could coordinate boat tours if anyone is interested? I find it fun and informative to see what others have done to their boat!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone, the kids cant wait!

#77 ·
Dave,

Sounds great, we'll be finishing up a 2+ week vacation, hopefully aboard Windgeist. Put us down for a slip this year, if we aren't already members by then ;) We'll need 45' x 14' give or take a few.

Anyone who arrives early, perhaps we could coordinate boat tours if anyone is interested? I find it fun and informative to see what others have done to their boat!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone, the kids cant wait!
Dave, you got us down for slip correct? Havent heard anything

#29 ·
So you need a slip for the week then correct. Will be great

Thats great idea as it gives you a day up on your trip north. Have you guys made the run before down the Delaware to Cape May. Send me a PM of what your route north looks like. Donna and I have done this together a dozen times with me doing it over 50 times. I might be able to give so recommendations depending on how you guys are plannning on goong.

Dave

#28 ·
Hey Dave, even though we're just next door, secure us a slip too. BTW, we ordered our cover from Fairclough today, I chose a zippered hatch on both sides must incase we move to a slip where the finger pier is on the other side.....Right now I'm in my tree for late deer season, ordered the cover and drove directly to the lovely lower Eastern Shore

Reactions: chef2sail
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.