SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/94356-2013-5th-annual-sailnet-chesapeake-rondevous-june-8-2013-a.html)

chef2sail 11-23-2012 01:10 AM

2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

As has been the tradition the last 5 years Donna and I would like to continue to host the 5th Annual Chesapeake Bay Sailnet Rondevous at the Maryland Yacht Club on Saturday June 8, 2013 at 6 PM. We enjoy organizing and contributing to the commradiere of the event and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The Rondevous in the past has had from between 50-90 participants.

I know its early to start planning as some of us havent even winterized our boats for 2012, but I though it would be good to get the date solidified for the upcomming year.

The MYC has been a good location for Sailnetters to reach from the uppper and middle Chesapeake. We have a great protected anchorage in Rock Creek if you decide to come by boat, availability for slips at $2 a foot, and also easily accessed by land shouldn you not be able to make it a weekend here or are coming from Pa, NJ, DC or Virginia by car. One of the great advantages having it here is that you can participate by land or by sea.

We use the clubs Pavillion which is covered with a roof and has wind/ rain screens if needed and has over 25 picnic tables as well as 6 BBQ pits for the get together on Saturday night.

MYC has a pool and showers for those who take slips as well as a full fuel dock with pumpout should you need it. Electricity for the slip is right now $5.

This year we may add a BBQ cook off ( lots of smack being talked here) as well as an informal breakfast get together the next morning for thoise who didnt get to "talk" to everyone,

In the past we have been lucky to have had some of the moderators attend and hope that will also continue this year also,

Feel free to ask questions or sign up as early as you want as I am starting a list.

Mark the date on your calander!!!!!!!!!!

4arch 11-23-2012 08:21 AM

Re: 2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013

Dave,

Thank you to you and Donna for hosting and arranging the rendezvous once again and for getting a jump start on planning. Sharon and I will certainly plan on being there and would also like to put ourselves down for a slip.

Bryan

chef2sail 11-24-2012 04:42 PM

Thats great Brian.

You are one of the originals and have been every year. In fact i thnk it is where Donna and I met Sharon and you even tough we had corresponded on SN threads.. We have had a great friendship since then and hung out numerous times.

One of the recommendations that people made was to get the date set early before sailing season even started so we are able to do that.

I am working on a "Lions of the Chesapeake" Sailing burgee. Maybe someone in our group could work on getting a photoshoot organized for next September like we had a few years ago. Shawn ( T37chef) and Haleakula from that shoot will appear in this years May 2013 Calander at the Anything Sailing website. Also Solare is the Front page of the Calander.

http://www.anything-sailing.com/show...lendar-Results

Thanks for continuing to support the event.

dave

Dave

PalmettoSailor 11-24-2012 05:21 PM

Hasn't Solare been out of the water for a while for a refit?

I saw her out a couple of weeks ago as we were taking Palmetto Moon down for a final pump out before winterizing so I know they got in some sailing this season, but I thought I remembered reading that they were doing so fairly extensive work but don't remember what or even if I'm right.

jsaronson 11-24-2012 09:47 PM

Dave,

Thanks for doing this agian! Its on my calendar, but its a week before the Marion/Bermuda race.

Joel

4arch 11-26-2012 06:05 PM

Dave,

That's really neat about the calendar!

Gunk-Holer 11-26-2012 07:06 PM

We're new to sailing in the area, but it sounds like fun. My wife (Lauren) and I would like to attend, and would rent a slip if one is available (Hunter 33).

Thanks,
Joe P.

chef2sail 11-27-2012 03:22 AM

Welcomne to SN Joe, and the Chessie group

Lots of great people and info in this area.
Where do you keep your boat?

Have you down Joe for a slip. This thread will be active so keep checking back over the next few months as things flesh out.

Feel free to also join and meet others. Wingnwing is heading a get together in Dec. I am sure we will have rondevous also starting in March.

Dave

Ulladh 11-27-2012 09:16 AM

I will be there, and will be sailing down from Philly again.

Thanks Dave for running this again.

sailortjk1 11-27-2012 09:23 AM

I am going to try and make it.
Rizzo, what are your plans for June 8th?
You might have another ship mate for the weekend.