Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Care to share the anchor dragging stories. You weren't the wimp, they were. I thought it amazing that they were going to try Worton. What a waste of a beautiful boat, three tries to set the anchor then it still drug

I am sure Bodkin was not your first choice today. Sometimes when you get in a group decision you kind of have to go where the group goes, even if its only 5 miles. I understand that. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]No it wasn't, go with the flow I guess[/COLOR]

Glad you had a great time anchoring with everyone. They are nice people and are fun. We frequently do that. Had I started from the MYC today I probably would have done the same. We have always enjoyed rafting with Hal and Cindy, Dick and Irma, and you guys of course. They are some of the reason we have liked being at MYC. They dispel that "yacht club" persona image. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Absolutely, wonderful folks[/COLOR]

I thought it useless to come back across the Bay and have no where to sail but the river. Often Cackaway us a 5+ hour sail. Today starting in Rock Hall with he great winds at a good angle once we hit the Chester we were hauling all bough the curves at 7+ with a furled 150. Got anchored in 3 hours. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Roger that, beautiful up there. Rain wasnt much more than a sprinkle about 2:00, looks like the weather held off and turned out to be a great weekend[/COLOR]

Hopefully you'll still be there when we get in tomorrow. Looks like well have good wind to cross. [COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Sorry we missed you and Donna, how was the wind? Not much when we left Bodkin this morning[/COLOR]

Dave
We'll not be around much the next couple of weeks but we will take along Labor Day weekend to enjoy. If you would send me the diver you guys use, I know its going to need it after sitting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary

Last edited by T37Chef; 07-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
We'll not be around much the next couple of weeks but we will take along Labor Day weekend to enjoy. If you would send me the diver you guys use, I know its going to need it after sitting
I will send the divers name to your regular e mail account. One is coming to the club next weekend to do a bunch of boats and he's $60

My boat was perfect this weekend after he scrapped her. He said the bottom paint was fine...only a few small barnacles which came off easily. The prop and shaft however were a total mess

Wind today was excellent. 12-15 out of the south. No rain. We sailed all the way back from Cacaway in 5.5 hours, most of it on a broad reach.

Just an FYI Alice passed away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Its funny Bill and Rosemary (Crazy Horse the 62 ft Sundeer) tried to find us and went to Still Pond. We thought since they didn't make the meeting they weren't coming, that's what drove us to the Chester. They came late around 12. They couldn't have got into Bodkin as they draw 7.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-29-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
I heard about Alice, very very sad...we were just talking to Hugh Friday morning.

Photo by Joe McCary
Old 07-29-2013
sv Cordelia

Nicklaus is on a distinguished road

Had a great sail on Saturday and anchored up on the Rhode River for the night. Weather was perfect, aside from a light sprinkle, but plenty cool enough to sit in the cockpit with a cocktail.

All About Tonight | On Board Cordelia

A couple from our marina even got a great pic of us sailing past Thomas Point Light.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Sailing Season-cordelia-2.jpg  
T37Chef and BubbleheadMd like this.

Old 08-01-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

Excellent photo! Glad you had a nice night at anchor.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 08-08-2013
SV Skalliwag #141

brokesailor is on a distinguished road
2013 Sailing Season

Anyone that wants a ride to Rock Hall from Solomon's on Friday contact me. Should be a fun sail 10-15 kts gusting to 20 from the SW. Departing Zahnisers just after 4 AM to try and beat the t storms. I have a slip reserved at Swan Creek Marina. Returning on Sunday. Pirates and Wenches Festival this weekend. I am Solo. Crealock 37 Yawl.
Old 08-08-2013
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road

Got out last Sunday and sailed down the Severn to Annapolis and back from our community pier. Beautiful day, but gusty. We were tacking back up the river and that dumb fake riverboat tour boat made a tight turn around the corner off of the Naval Academy just as we had to tack or hit the seawall. We got laid flat by a gust and stalled right in front of the blasted tour boat while everyone on board watched. We were lucky the skipper slowed down. Then, on the same tack, we crossed to the other side of the river and ran hard aground. My depth finder still read 10.3 feet even after we'd come to a dead stop, and didn't beep until I was up at the bow, getting the anchor ready to bring it aft and throw it over the stern so that we could get the bow into the wind and work our way off of the sandbar. I think the tour boat company owes me some money for all the entertainment we provided for their guests.
Old 08-17-2013

Quietly anchored in Jubb Cove, Bodkin after a nice sail today.winds were mainly E / NE at 10-13 which was great for north south tacks. We sailed down to the Chesapeake By Bridge and decided to return tack to get loser to home port as a storm coming up the coast s scheduled to dump a few days of rain.

Dinner was two herb rubbed NY strips, Pittsburg rare with grilled portebellas and grilled argus. Dessert was grilled golden pineapple and grilled fresh peaches drizzled with a port chocolate reduction. Nice bottle of Boogle Red Zin to accompany. Life is good.

Nice to have these cooler days in August on the Chessie.

Dave
fryewe likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 08-17-2013
sv Cordelia

Nicklaus is on a distinguished road

Had a great sail for a few hours mid-day. We slept at the dock last night and headed out this morning after a run. Sailed until about 2:30, when the wind died. We bobbed back to the West River and motored to our slip, passing several boats more committed to sailing than we were.

Took the dinghy out for a sunset cruise with a nice cocktail.

At the dock again tonight since we have our dog. Walks down the dock are easier than dinghy rides for potty breaks.

Just finished a bit of excitement... A dog swam up to the pier. We drug her up. She jumped off a boat that left a few minutes earlier. She's back on board now, hopefully for good.