Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Fall sailing in the Chesapeake is the best.
You can say that again.

I plan to go out again this Friday - Monday for a 4-day trip. Not sure which direction I"ll head, but I'll try to post a video when I get back of how to make béarnaise sauce while singlehanding my boat during a small craft advisory. At night.
Old 10-23-2013

4arch is on a distinguished road

This weekend may be our last sail on our Lippincott 30 as we plan to deliver her over to Lankford Bay Marina on the Chester to go up for sale in the brokerage owned by one of the Lippincott sons. It's been 4 years and a lot of adventures and we're coming full circle - Lankford Creek/Cacaway Island was the first night at anchor we ever spend on the L30! It's bittersweet to let her go, but the time has come for an upgrade. This will be the earliest we've ever ended our season, but we have a busy November coming up and want to get the boat listed before the real dead of winter sets in.

By the way, anyone looking at 80s vintage 30 footers should definitely check out our L30. It's well maintained and upgraded, has a 2004 Yanmar with ~1,000 hours, new mainsail, and new canvas. She's a fun sailing cruiser comparable in many ways to a Catalina 30 but with a gorgeous wood interior.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

Bittersweet for sure, good luck with the sale and search for your next boat

We'll be out somewhere this weekend? Planning to keep the boat in water and sail as often as we can through the winter, but I think its going to be a cold and snowy one...which is also fine by me.
Old 10-24-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post
This weekend may be our last sail on our Lippincott 30 as we plan to deliver her over to Lankford Bay Marina on the Chester to go up for sale in the brokerage owned by one of the Lippincott sons. It's been 4 years and a lot of adventures and we're coming full circle - Lankford Creek/Cacaway Island was the first night at anchor we ever spend on the L30! It's bittersweet to let her go, but the time has come for an upgrade. This will be the earliest we've ever ended our season, but we have a busy November coming up and want to get the boat listed before the real dead of winter sets in.

By the way, anyone looking at 80s vintage 30 footers should definitely check out our L30. It's well maintained and upgraded, has a 2004 Yanmar with ~1,000 hours, new mainsail, and new canvas. She's a fun sailing cruiser comparable in many ways to a Catalina 30 but with a gorgeous wood interior.
We have many fond memories of our many raft ups with you and Sharon on Spindrift. You put a lot of quality work into thatt boat and someone will get a great boat for that.

Hope you search is fruitfull and look to many more times together.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 10-25-2013

aa3jy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4arch View Post

Look us up..we're out on the mooring field but will be bringing her in to the docks this weekend.

Clay AA3JY
s/v 'Tango'
Lankford Bay Marina
Old 10-25-2013

Clay - We plan to arrive mid afternoon tomorrow, stay on the boat tomorrow night, and depart Sunday afternoon so we'll definitely try to catch you sometime tomorrow evening or Sunday.

Bryan
Old 10-27-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

Awesome weekend for sailing. We got a late start Saturday since we were in recovery from a late night Halloween party the night before We opted to go up to Baltimore Inner Harbor and took a slip at Inner Harbor Marina for the night. Its tradition that we visit the carousel by the MD Science Center, followed by a visit to the flag shop in the Pavilion. Dinner aboard; Veal Medallions with Spatzle, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Brussel Sprouts (yes our kids love my brussel sprouts = bacon is the trick ) Winds were perfect both ways, made great time Saturday into the Harbor. We were sailing along with a race, several of which were trimarans. Damn they were probably clocking in the high teens if not more with the wind we had, some flying chutes...I imagine that was a thrill. Breakfast in Federal Hill Sunday, back at the club we had fun at the kids Halloween party. Another great weekend on the bay, or I suppose this time the river
Old 10-28-2013

We successfully delivered Spindrift over to Lankford Bay Marina on Saturday! We left the Patapsco around 9 am in a moderate breeze and by the time we made it to Love Point the wind was up to 15-18 gusting into the 20s - just off the nose. We were able to motorsail into it and once we turned north to go up the Chester we were surfing downwind doing 6-7 knots. It ended up being a great last sail of the season - though maybe a bit more than we bargained for. Once we got settled in, we stopped by Tango for cocktail hour with Clay and Leslie - great meeting and talking to you guys! Yesterday morning we met with the broker to officially list the boat then we offloaded a carload of gear. It's definitely hard to let our boat go, but it makes it easier to shop for new boats knowing that the wheels are in motion to get the current boat sold. Now we're just hoping the nice weather brings out some fall boat shoppers.
Old 10-28-2013
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road

I had a blast this weekend. Left our dock Friday morning and sailed the entire way to Oxford, a broad reach or run most of the way. Anchored in Plaindealing Creek and was the only boat there except the two fisherman that woke me up 10 feet off my stern at 5AM. Sailed back out the Choptank and got hit with the heavy stuff just before going through the narrows - ended up crossing the bay from the top of Poplar Island across to the West river, going 5+ knots with only a reefed mainsail up. That was wild. I assume the winds were a sustained 20 with gusts to 25 or so, and some of the waves must have been 3 feet. Anchored in the Rhode River, where there were a few other boats. Coming back up the Severn yesterday was painful - the wind varied between zero and just under twenty and veered 30 degrees every minute or two, all afternoon.
T37Chef likes this.
Old 10-28-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

WillyD-

TMPL reported gusts of up to 32kts on Saturday.
1973 Pearson 30 #255