Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013

zeilfanaat is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
We probably saw you headed out of Rock Creek we came in about 1 and there were only 2 or 3 boats out. What size Jeanneu? Where do you keep her ?

Dave
We're Fairview Marina. Yeah, that was probably us, heading out around 1:30. I am pretty sure we talked to each other via VHF as we were both heading out on Saturday as well trying to figure out how to reach the sailor who was aground at the entrance to Rock Creek. I recognized your boat name as you passed us to starboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Yes we headed out together I think. We motored past you with our main up but didn't have our VHF on so we didn't talk. We were headed down to the Magothy for our first overnight anchor of the year ( Thank goodness for the propane heater) Nice looking boat.

We are at the Maryland Yacht Club D Pier facing the lagoon with the three mooring balls behind the club between us and Fairview. How do you deal with that crazy man Mark? We kept our boat there for one winter and he seems to never stop yelling....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-08-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Finally splashed the boat today, felt great to feel the boat move under my feet, I even got a little emotional LOL. Final engine hook up sometime this week then I'll move Windgeist (German translation=Windspirit) to her new home.

Lots still left to do but still felt great
mgmhead, dvuyxx and BubbleheadMd like this.

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Old 04-08-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

As I mentioned, I splashed but didn't sail. I singlehanded over to the slip and spent the afternoon hoising sails, re-rigging reefing lines, etc. I wore a hat and put up the bimini top to give me some occasional relief from the sun, but I am WIPED OUT by the sun exposure. Heading to bed early.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
Finally splashed the boat today, felt great to feel the boat move under my feet, I even got a little emotional LOL. Final engine hook up sometime this week then I'll move Windgeist (German translation=Windspirit) to her new home.

Lots still left to do but still felt great
Great that you are in. Must feel relieved with your new red engine and all the improvements. Now get her over to the club and tart resupllyong her and gt ready to get out sailing.

Great job

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-10-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough

We got our season off to a nice start this afternoon. Nothing spectacular, just a nice day. You could really feel the cooling effect of the water on the breeze.

T37Chef, chef2sail and Silvio like this.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 04-13-2013

Weekend two out anchored in Eagles Cove on the Magothy. Rafted up with friends from the club who ave a new too them Tartan 3700. Pretty boat. We sailed own the Bay and into to anchorage in a 10-12 knot with 20 gusts on our "little headsail" doing 6.5 to 7.2 most of the way. Beautiful anchorage with a horse farm with 12 horses anda huge American lflag. Popular in the summer which is why we don't come here as its crowded with people fighting over anchoring to close to each other. We two sailboats are the only ones here tonight.
Gret day for April.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 04-14-2013

4arch is on a distinguished road

We got the boat out of the slip for the first time yesterday! Unfortunately a part popped off the top of the roller furler when we hoisted the genoa and then we started having halyard wrap and binding issues when we tried to use it. So I need to get the rigger up the mast. On the positive side, we sailed under main only and with the bottom job were making 5 knots most of the time. Still a very nice sailing day and felt good to get back out.

On the projects side, I took out the alcohol stove and have been working on installing a propane stove/system. I should be able to finish up the install today. Sharon couldn't stand the alcohol stove so she's very excited about the upgrade.
T37Chef and Silvio like this.
Old 04-14-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

I made it out on Sunday, all day. The breeze was light, but I made it to Annapolis City Dock and back home. The sun shined all day, and I just bobbed along.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd View Post
I made it out on Sunday, all day. The breeze was light, but I made it to Annapolis City Dock and back home. The sun shined all day, and I just bobbed along.
Glad to see you got out.

We saw 15-20 from the Magothy from the WNW until about 2 then it died down. Was a great day with a few more boats out than Saturday.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.