Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
2013 Sailing Season

Thought I might as well get a head start and designate a thread for all to post in as some are still sailing thorugh January and February. We typically post in a thread where we are going and what we are doing throughout the season and our escapades throughout the season.

We start out on the Ides of March ( March 15) for our first sail of the season.

Our Chesapeake group is one of the molst active on Sailnet with frequent posters and get togethers each month. Our 5th Annual Sailnet Rondezvous will take place June 8 at the Maryland Yacht Club as in years past ( There's a designated thread already). If anyone would like to volunteer to take some other days/ weekends during the season and kind of be the organizer for get togethers it would be helpful and appreciated by all of us. Sometimes we just need an organizer to take the lead herding us "cats" together. It would be great if we also could pull on thogethr down in Solomons this year to capture so others ( hint, hint).

I have been working on a design for a burgee for the "Lions of the Chesapeake" and have some design ideas but if someone has suggestions please let me know. How many woud be willling to purchase ( Looks like about $25 each. If enough want this I will proceed with itThis phrase came out of a sarcastic remark made about a few of us a number of years ago, implying we were not " real sailors" as we sailed in the Chessie. It kindof stuck as our moniker.

Also is anyone willing to take over the database and keep organized the Chesapeake eats/ Restaurant section we have. S/V Auspicious ( Dave ) maintained it for about 5 years and really did a great job with it, and it has helped many a person evaluate the various restaurants we have available. If you havent looked at it its quite extensive.

Heres to a great 2013 sailing Season..let the games begin.(bet Bubble is one of the first to post)

Note to moderators: Could you make this a sticky as you have in the past and take the 2012 sailing season and let it float...Thank you

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Actually, Chuckles posted first!

I'll be out and about this year in our new to us Irwin 38 CC, looking forward to meeting and greeting.
I do databases for a living, so no way I'm going to volunteer to do it off the clock
Old 01-01-2013
SV Skalliwag #141

brokesailor is on a distinguished road
2013 Sailing Season

Hmmm! I am not sure if I'm ready to organize a get together in Solomon's since I've only been to one so far. I am still mulling over June 8th trying to figure out if its doable since I plan to take off for Newport the following weekend.
Old 01-01-2013

How long will you be up in the LI Sound / NE area. We are heading for Newport the weekend of August 17. Proabaly leaving August 16.

Come by car that Saturday night June 8

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 01-01-2013
SV Skalliwag #141

brokesailor is on a distinguished road
2013 Sailing Season

Chef: it would be great to travel together but I have to work around the school year schedule. Planning 3 weeks starting June 15.
My plan right now is to take the boat up to Baltimore and have Marcella meet me there Saturday evening on June 8th for the Sailnet get together. Leave the boat there the week then drive up the following Saturday to leave for Newport.
Old 01-04-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

Guess I was slow to respond to this.

Life and economic changes have caused a shift in my focus from racing to cruising. I have lived aboard for the past 4 months, but as of this week, I have re-occupied my home.

I do have some short and mid-distance races I'd like to do, but I have a few specific cruising goals I want to achieve:

1. Sail the loop around DeLMarVa. I expect to do this single-handed because all of my friends are married with small children, or besieged by work and social commitments.

2. I'm attempting to put together my own get-together down in Solomons. I'm working this over on Sailing Anarchy, which is why no one here has heard of it. It will not interfere in anyway with the Sailnet Rendezvous.

3. Get some sailing experience in the northern Chesapeake.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 01-06-2013

wavedancer38 is on a distinguished road

I would be willing to take over the database. Let me know if younstill need soneone and what I need to do.

Stacey
Old 01-10-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

Let the new season officially begin:

I am nearly caught up on all of my housework. Sunday is forecast to be 64F degrees. If I can score a jug of pink anti-freeze to re-winterize, I'm totally going sailing this weekend.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Old 01-10-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough

Funny I haven't asked to be relieved. The online sheets are current as of a couple of months ago. See the link below. I have some research to do to update the offline spreadsheet with the last three or four posts ("that restaurant over there" needs a name filled in) and then I'll update again.

I usually update once a week when the thread is active.

Jeff_H has had my commitment to keep the Chesapeake Bay Eats database current for some time.
T37Chef, chef2sail and Silvio like this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
Funny I haven't asked to be relieved. The online sheets are current as of a couple of months ago. See the link below. I have some research to do to update the offline spreadsheet with the last three or four posts ("that restaurant over there" needs a name filled in) and then I'll update again.

I usually update once a week when the thread is active.

Jeff_H has had my commitment to keep the Chesapeake Bay Eats database current for some time.
Dave I wasnt trying to relieve you. You are misinterpreting. When you didnt post for a number of months it seemed like you had left us and you direction appeared to be elsewhere.

With your inactivity and I didnt want to see all your hard work go by the wayside so I aske ifsomeonewould help with it thats all.

Please acept my apologies for surmising your demise.

Glad to see you are posting again

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-