Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast > Chesapeake Bay
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013

patrscoe is on a distinguished road
Fishing Bay Marina, Deltaville, review?

Last year we moved from Rappahannock River (about 4 miles down the river from Deltaville) to Kinsale. Although Kinsale is quite and we enjoyed sailing last year out of the Yeocomico River, out into the Potomac and in the bay, we are thinking of heading back down towards Deltaville for many reasons (Current marina has declined in quality and services within the past 5 years (we have noticed it just within this year), there are very few services and yacht clubs in the area, and the drive is about 2 hours vs 1 hr 40 m) I am sure there are pros and cons for both areas. Anyways...

Is there anyone on Sailnet at Fishing Bay Marina or was there in the past? Any reviews or comments?
The marina is located on the backside of Deltaville, away from most of the boating traffic (- appears to be) and is near Fishing Bay Yacht Club which I am interested in joining for local racing.

S2 11.0A 36'
Kinsale, Va
Tanzer 16'
Moseley, Va

Last edited by patrscoe; 02-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2013

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Re: Fishing Bay Marina, Deltaville, review?

I never based at Fishing Bay Marina, but it is pretty nice. I preferred Stingray Point myself, and Doziers Regatta Point would likely be my second choice, but FBM might be my 3rd choice in Deltaville.

I crewed on a boat out of Fishing Bay Yacht Club for several years. They are a great club and if I lived closer, that's the route I would have gone but we got tired of driving all the way from NOVA to Deltaville so we ended up moving our boat north. I'm not sure about how long a waiting list might be for a slip there, but you might be able to skip the marina's and go straight to a slip at the club if you are lucky. Also, FYI, most of the boats from FBYC haul out at Deltaville Marina which is also not a bad place.

Good Luck.
Old 02-17-2013

Radicalcy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Radicalcy
Re: Fishing Bay Marina, Deltaville, review?

I have raced on other people's boats out of FBYC, but have no real knowledge of FB Marina.
On the other hand, I keep my Columbia in Broad Creek Marina just past Norton Yachts on the Rappahannock side. Last time I checked, dock rates were $100 (under 30 feet) $125 (up to 35 feet) Electric is included for battery charging. Excessive electric use calls for a private meter. I can supply contact info on request. It's about an hour and a half sail (or motor) to Fishing Bay for the racing.....
Larry Wilson