SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Ready To Go Back In? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/96914-ready-go-back.html)

swampcreek 02-23-2013 12:54 PM

Ready To Go Back In?

We received notice by the yard to be ready to go in by April 1st. I guess its time to get hustling. I received my bottom paint this week from defender so as soon as the weather breaks for a few days I will turn myself into a smurf. I also received our new Honda eu2000i generator and have it's propane conversion kit ordered. I need to change the boat's name and go through my check off list for launch. I will of course address whatever the Winter gremlins may have done. Tomorrow I'll go down and charge the batteries with the new gen. THIS IS WHAT I LOVE!:D

brokesailor 02-23-2013 01:08 PM

Ready To Go Back In?

Zahnisers?

swampcreek 02-23-2013 01:18 PM

Re: Ready To Go Back In?

It does not compute Will Robinson.

brokesailor 02-23-2013 04:12 PM

Ready To Go Back In?

Is your boat at Zahnisers in Solomon's ?

swampcreek 02-23-2013 06:35 PM

I'm at White Rocks Marina on Rock Creek. Right next to the MYC.

AirborneSF 02-24-2013 11:07 AM

My buddy's boat(27' CnC blue hull cheese cloth sails, on far right dock) is at 'White Rocks', nice place good people, at least the ones I've met. I love 'Mike's', as I grew up in Riva, where the orignal is located. I'll look for ya, and wave. Dave.

swampcreek 02-24-2013 03:36 PM

Actually, I'm sitting in Mikes right now having a beer while the gen is topping off the batteries, I removed the old name and port of call today. I love this time of year, the whole boating season password US!

swampcreek 02-24-2013 03:38 PM

Boating season before us that is!

chef2sail 02-24-2013 06:55 PM

Yawn...we will be taking the canvas off and going sailing on March 15 if the weather cooperates. Slip pick day is the following weekend I think at our club. All we have to do is put our heavier air 135 on first ( we use that till May then bring out the 155).

I know the dark blue hulled C&C 27 at White Rocks we see her out frequently. C&C owners tned always have their eyes on their fellow brothers and sisters as they are few and far between on the East Coast.

Sawmp...I though you have a three stage charger in the boat to charge the batteries. Will they let you plug in there ( 110 adapter to shore power)? When you use the 2000 to charge your batteries do you connect direct,? I was under the impression it was a very slow way to charge batteries? (13.3a/ hr if you use the ac and 8 amps/ hr dc)

dave

sailors 02-24-2013 07:31 PM

Hi Guys,
New to posting here, saw you using the Honda portable generator for charging etc, do you use while cruising, if so how is the noise factor, vibration, where do you keep it when using?