Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
Brewer Yacht Yard buys Mears and OBY

Dear Oxford Boatyard and Mears Yacht Haven customer,

It gives me great pleasure to join Mitch Nathanson in announcing that Brewer Yacht Yards has acquired Oxford Boatyard and Mears Yacht Haven. The new Brewer Oxford Boat Yard & Marina becomes the 23rd Brewer Yacht Yard, and we welcome all of you to the Brewer family.

We are pleased that Graham Norbury will continue as the General Manager at Brewer Oxford Boat Yard & Marina. Graham is a 10 year veteran of OBY where he has worked as an electrician/mechanic, and for the past several years, as manager. Joining Graham will be Jason and Brenda Wright, Chris Bartlett, Ashlei Voshell, Joan Haber, Jerry Hutchins, Steve Larrimore, Eric Johanssen, Wes Bryan, Ralph Kirby, Carl Langkammerer, Jeff Maki, Tom and Mike Mathis, Phil and Prissy Parrott, Nancy Windsor, and Kim Gauthier, all of whom you may know from their years of service at OBY and MYH. Those of you who are already at OBY or MYH for the winter, you need not do anything further. For those who are not, we hope you will consider allowing us to service and berth your boat this upcoming boating season.

As a member of the Brewer Yacht Yards family, you will enjoy Brewer family benefits at other Brewer facilities between New York and Maine as you cruise north next summer, as well as the peace of mind that comes with being a member of an extended marina family. You are never far from a Brewer yard when cruising in New England, and we pride ourselves in offering the same high quality service and customer satisfaction at every one of our yards.

Mitch and his team have run a top-notch operation for many years, and we are excited to continue the fine reputation that OBY has enjoyed for over 145 years. We look forward to getting to know all of you as well as being your new neighbors in Oxford. Please feel free to stop in and see us at any time. You can still reach us at the same phone and fax numbers as before, and you can learn much more about our company at Brewer Yacht Yards & Marinas | Boat Storage, Dockage & Boat Repair.

Thank you for being an OBY customer and the opportunity to earn your trust in Brewer.

Sincerely,

Rives Potts
President
Brewer Yacht Yards
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2014
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: Brewer Yacht Yard buys Mears and OBY

I wintered at Brewers in Glen Cove for a couple winters (2008/9 and 2009/10). They do good work (thru hull work for me) and you get 4 free night's dockage at any Brewers.

(No other relationship than as satisfied customer.)

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing, anchors, batteries, rode length, fridge-or-not, freezer-or-not, and guns-on-board. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Old 01-06-2014

outbound is on a distinguished road

Just got an email from Brewers Cove Haven Barrington, R.I. about this. May see you guys this fall as we head south. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2014

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Just got an email from Brewers Cove Haven Barrington, R.I. about this. May see you guys this fall as we head south. Good luck.
We've stayed at many various Brewers facilities on the LI Sound and further north. Top notch places

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 01-09-2014
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough

Pricy though...

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Old 01-09-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Brewer's is almost like a franchise, where you will always know what you're going to get. They are not all identical, but they are all clean, everything works, good power, water, pumpouts, etc, and generally of good quality. They have a more corporate approach than some mom and pops, but are more reliable on average.

btw, they are not a franchise. As far as I know, Jack Brewer still owns all 23 marinas himself and I'm told he visits each one at least twice per month (NYC to Maine, until now). I bet he's pushing 80. I met him once. Nice fella, in passing anyway.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 01-09-2014
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd

Hm...I'm not sure I'm pleased about this. Mears had good facilities and affordable rates and I liked the mom & pop atmosphere.

If they jack up the prices and get all "corporate" on me, well...
1973 Pearson 30 #255