SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cambridge MD Sailnet Rendezvous July 25-26

22K views 189 replies 25 participants last post by  Ulladh 
#1 · (Edited)
Thread migrated from 2015 sailing season.

2015 Sailnet Rendezvous Cambridge MD Saturday July 25 - Sunday July 26

Cambridge Municipal Marina has transient slips at $1.50/ft, electric extra.
We may get a discount for 10 or more so the more the merrier.

Jim-W keeps his boat at the Municipal Marina and knows the area including bars.

Gary "Travlineasy" will be our entertainment

SV Auspicious will be there.

The ice is melting, summer is almost here.

http://www.choosecambridge.com/index.php/extensions/dept-public-works/municipal-yacht-basin/

#36 ·
My likelihood of making it by boat just went up a little. I've been concerned that 3-4 days each way in my boat is more time than I can afford. As you may have read on another thread, I have a friend that just offered to lend me her Mason 44 in Galesville for the summer. That's one day each way, which is a lot more feasible -- not to mention some pretty nice accommodations. We still need to work out some details.

So put me down tentatively, pending further confirmation.

#39 ·
So far tentative list;

Boat Name / Sailnet Name

ULLA / Ulladh
S/V Auspicious / SVauspicious
Saturday's Child / Travlineasy
Jim-W
Rapp
SV Skaliwag / brokesailor
DRFerron
Pendragon35
Realization / momclarissa
Takefive
Melrna / Moondance
MobiusALilBitTwisted

#40 ·
Gary,

There's a reason that doctors advise not to make any important decisions while you're in pain. It may seem like there's no way out of this, but there will be. Hang in there and be patient.

Reactions: T37Chef
#41 ·
For now, I have drugs and booze, but on the 21st I'll be paying a visit to the neurosurgeon. Hopefully, he has some kind of magic bullet, or potion. The pain is bearable some days, some days it's not.

The only problem with training a young crew is there doesn't seem to be any youngsters that want to sail. They tend to want things fast and easy. ;) For me, single handed is about the only option at this point.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, and I'll keep you posted,

Gary :cool:

#42 ·
Hope you feel better Gary. Going down to the keys to hear you is on my bucket list. You have to get better for the sake of all those with eager ears and dance-willing legs!

Regards,
Brad

#48 · (Edited)
So far very tentative list;
In June I will be making firm arrangement with the dockmaster.

Boat Name / Sailnet Name

ULLA / Ulladh
Jim-W
Rapp
Halcyon / DRFerron
Pendragon35
Takefive
Moondance / Melrna
MobiusALilBitTwisted
SV Windgeist / T37Chef
Rhapsody-NS27
Reboot / svzephyr44

#51 ·
I'm in 99.9%, I will take a slip. 44' LOA 12' Beam, 4.2' Draft

Is there any power lines getting in we need to know about, I'm 54' total

I will likely be solo for this trip, not sure if the family can join me?

Windgeist - Out :)
You wont have any problems with air draft but the Rt 50 bridge is 50' It's hard to find less than 6' at low water any where in the marina. The bigger slips are in the deeper water.

#50 ·
It will be great to have you join us Shawn.

As far as I know no air draft restrictions.

I will be providing the dockmaster with a spreadsheet for boat name, draft, LOA, width, contact information and any special needs before the end of June so that slips can be reserved.

Colin

Reactions: T37Chef
#53 ·
So far very tentative growing list;
In June I will be making firm arrangement with the dockmaster.

Boat Name / Sailnet Name

ULLA / Ulladh
Jim-W
Rapp
Halcyon / DRFerron
Pendragon35
Takefive
Moondance / Melrna
MobiusALilBitTwisted
SV Windgeist / T37Chef
Rhapsody-NS27
Reboot / svzephyr44
S/V Never Land / Familycruisers

#56 ·
Ulladh - Due to my professional situation I may end up having to cancel, but we're in for now. However, assuming we make it, we won't be on Take Five, we'll be on Firefly, our friend's Mason 44. Due to that boat's 6.5' draft, it sounds like we may have to stay outside the breakwater and dinghy in. Is it safe to anchor out there, or is there somewhere else that's recommended instead?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.