SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Blows!

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  MiVelero 
#1 ·
Crap wind for the next for the next 10 days! At least that's the case for weather.com for Annapolis. Is that what everyone else is seeing?

#7 ·
Winds were awesome yesterday, 20 with gust in the high 20's apparent. Averaged 6.7 and max was 7.9 SOG. Covered about 31 miles in about 4.5 hours :) Rock Creek to the Rhode River. Nice fireworks last night btw

Dunno where to today but the winds are looking good for Eastern Bay...maybe the Wye

#9 ·
Obviously we had the same wind from Rock Creek on the Patapco to the Rhode River on Saturday. Flew a full main and a handkerchief for a jib and stayed well over 7 knots the way down. Big gusts at every River entrance (Magothy, Severen, South)

Rafted up with T37Chef and his crew of 3. Thank you for the hospitality, Awesome fireworks like the Chef said. 4 finales. The show lasted at least 45 minutes. Ride back to Rock Creek was almost as fast on Sunday with a steady 15 most of the way except for a few pockets of 0 (no typo).

Passed Wayne in Virginia Dare just south of the bridge and tried hailing him to no aval.

Unfortunatley at work today. Some idiot Congressman are actually working ( On what god only knows)

Dave

#10 ·
...Passed Wayne in Virginia Dare just south of the bridge and tried hailing him to no aval
Hi Dave - couldn't have been us, we spent Sat-Tue in the Choptank R.; Trippe Ck. Cambridge, Dunn Cove.

In any event an 09 hail will usually reach us, or better yet our MMSI# 338010792.

I know, I know, "...must monitor 16", but a few hours of that makes me want to sell the boat and take up shuffleboard, or spelunking, or chess - nah checkers. It's interesting as well that the tugs don't monitor 16 either - though all will deny!

#11 ·
I often read of similar complaints of chatter on vhf 16, I sail the Gulf and I have never heard non esential communications on this channel.
Either they do not use radios here or are the most respectful sailors on the radio frequencies.
I often go check and make sure my radio is on and I allways run scan and just tune out I think is 84 where most fishermen yap.

I thought the refined Northeasters would show better manners than the Southern drawlers :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.