Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by velero View Post
................. I was in the southern anchorage near Horn Point.....................
Are you speaking of the 20 to 40 foot depth area south of marker "HP" (Horn Point) and near the mouth of Back Creek? If so, I would expect traffic with larger wakes in this space that is outside speed restricted areas. You are likely to make some better choices.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
I don't know what you mean by the "Southern Anchorage near Horn Point",...

Jeff
On the chart there is a "South Anchorage" between the entrances to Back and Spa Creeks. It is just west of Horn Point. Perhaps that is the southern anchorage referred to?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-03-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
That anchorage near Horn point is very rarely used and has a lot of traffic around it. As Jeff said...I have not ever seen 4-5 foot waves, but I am sure after a while with many boats passing by with no speed restriction, it felt pretty bumbpy where you set your anchor.

Having raced many times on Wednesday nights in Annapolis and also having taken a mooring ball on race nights just to be in the thick of the races. My wife and I have head great fun having a bottle of wine and dinner watching others skill as they tack through the field.

Try Annaplis again its a good place, Go under the Spa Creek Bridge or go to back creek and anchor its a lot quieter than the harbor if thats what you wont or go up a couple more creeks on the Severn.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 08-04-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
The view of the Annapolis Harbor South Anchorage from Eastport Yacht Club is quite good, and I'm there at least once a week to help with the Opti-Tots program. This summer there have been at least three boats anchored there every day and as many as ten. I think recent enforcement of anchoring restrictions off the Naval Academy wall have increased use of the area off EYC and SSA.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.