SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Big Fire in VA spreads smoke over Bay

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  T37Chef 
#1 ·
From Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
if you are out on the Chesapeake Bay today, there's a good chance you're smelling wood burning and smoke...like we are in St. Michaels. Thanks to a post by the St. Michaels Fire Department, Inc. - we just learned why. See the story above. Hope it clears soon and no one gets hurt.
The link didnt post but theres a 2500 acre fire in the great dismal swamp thats stinking up the air from Annapolis to the OBX. Don't know if it affected the iCW but i believe its goes right thru the fire area.

#4 ·
Thanks for the heads up on this, as I was looking at the weather forecast and was scratching my head trying to figure it out....

Rest of Today
Partly sunny late this morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Areas of smoke. Highs around 90. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight
Areas of smoke in the evening. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.