Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By walterzoy
  • 1 Post By DRFerron
  • 1 Post By chef2sail

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012
Walter

walterzoy is on a distinguished road
Marina Rates on Chesapeake Bay for 2012

It is that time of the year on the Chesapeake Bay when many of the marinas send out their yearly slip contract renewals.

It would be interesting if folks would post what the tariff is at their marina. I have a Catalina 30, she is a beamy (wide) boat for her length, so I last year I paid $1,975.00 at Old Bay for a wider slip.

Another Patapsco River marina in Jones Creek - Young's Boatyard charges $1,700.00 to $1,900.00 for a sailboat in the 30' range. Not bad prices and I hope that they stay that way. Basic marinas with good Travelift rates and service, and more important to me is that they are only a few minutes sail to the open Bay and close to the Beltway without any traffic hassles. I also like that they paint by boat's bottom for about $400.00 and this includes the anti-fouling paint! Last year Old Bay was even getting away a coating of Prop Speed with every bottom painting. I priced the Prop Speed and it is over $200.00 for a small kit.

We do miss sailing over to Rock Creek to the Restaurants. Does Maryland Yacht Club allow visiting boaters to dine at their clubhouse? If so, this would bring in additional income for the club.

Walter
Janssen likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Hi Walter,

Just about all of the marinas list their rates online. Are you looking for one in a particular area?
Janssen likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 02-08-2012
Walter

Every Spring we compare marina rates all over the Bay, and in the Fall - we compare Winter haul-out & land storage rates. I am happy at the entrance to the Patapsco, close to get out on the Bay sailing, an easy 1 hour drive from York, PA, nice sail into Baltimore for Pub Hopping in Fell Point, or I can sail east over to Rock Hall for some fresh seafood, and the marina's price is fits my budget!

Walter
Old 02-08-2012
Walter

Every Spring we compare marina rates all over the Bay, and in the Fall - we compare Winter haul-out & land storage rates. I am happy at the entrance to the Patapsco, close to get out on the Bay sailing, an easy 1 hour drive from York, PA, nice sail into Baltimore for Pub Hopping in Fell Point, or I can sail east over to Rock Hall for some fresh seafood, and the marina's price \ fits my budget!

Walter
Old 02-08-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Walter,

We hauled ou at Youngs last summer for 2 weeks to get bottom painted as well as get some work done. Very nice people and will use them again. Some of our friends keep boats on Jones Creek.

You can eat in the restaurant or dock at a transient rate with sponsorship or when with a memeber at the MYC. We are not really concerned with having the general public use the facility to generate revenue I would gladly sponsor you if you came over. Its the difference between joining a club and a marina. Our slip fees are cheap. I pay 2200 for a 16.5X62 foot slip. 12-14 ft depth with a 4 foot finger pier the length of the 62 feetof my slip.We have the restaurant and pool and bathhouse as well as reduced rates at the fuel dock and pumpout there or in our slips if we want. Our yearly dues are 2000. Thew slips are year round and bid on by seniority in the club, but once you have one you like...you can keep it forever. We are all voting members of the club. All 115 slip holders.

The only outside revenue we go for are banquet functions such as weddings/ meetings. We were able to bring in well over 300,000 in revenues from that last year so our slip fees have not been raised in 3 years despite not having a full basin

Donna and I sponsor the Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous which draws between 40- 70 sailnetters in years past/ Some raft up in Rock Creek. Some talke slips for 1.5 a ft with a reservation. We hold the event under our covered outside pavillion which has 20 picnic tables and 5 bbqs.

The event this year is June 10 so mark it on your calander. wed love to have you.

There is a seperate thread for the 2012 Rondevous in the Cheasapeake section of Sailnet

Dave
Janssen likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 02-09-2012

Janssen is on a distinguished road
Marina Rates on Chesapeake Bay

With the Maryland Gov. proposing a rise of .18 cents per gallon in the gas tax and the bad economy rates, at the luxury Baltimore Harbor and Annapolis marinas are dropping as the power boaters are selling their boats. This is a great opportunity to shop around for a discounted slip for your sailboat.

Janssen - C&C 35
Old 02-09-2012
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I pay 2200 for a 16.5X62 foot slip. 12-14 ft depth with a 4 foot finger pier the length of the 62 feetof my slip.
So I can just tie up in front of you for the Rendezvous? 62'. Golly.

I pay 4200/yr for a 40'x18'x8' slip, partial, wobbly finger pier on one side, in Back Creek Annapolis. There's a long waiting list for the bigger slips but we have plenty of room for a Catalina 30.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 02-09-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Yeah I know Dave...we are like a cork in our slip, but our seniority allowed us to get a prime slip location so who could blame us. We may have a larger craft this year. Going up to Boston tomorrow to look at a different boat. You can Med moor to us anytime

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 02-19-2012

gershel is on a distinguished road
Bowleys Marina on Middle River. 32' slip includes winter storage on land, $2200 for the year, not just the season. Gated, with pool.
Marc