SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake / Central US east coast (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-central-us-east-coast/)
-   -   Cape May, NJ (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-central-us-east-coast/84190-cape-may-nj.html)

Flybyknight 02-22-2012 08:06 AM

Cape May, NJ

Heavy!
Boycott Utsch's Marina v2.avi - YouTube

jameswilson29 02-22-2012 08:18 AM

Too much free time on his hands...

:laugher:laugher:laugher

Some people clearly have too much free time of their hands.

I will save you all the time of watching this video: as a guest of someone buying fuel, he is pissed off because he could not use the restrooms reserved for slipholders, even though he was offered the portajohn behind the office, which he found too hot and odoriferous.

Hello, get a life!

The bigger issue is how did we become a nation of whiners and complainers who think they are entitled to every convenience on earth. Use the head on the boat and stop bothering hard-working Americans.

He has convinced me to use Utsch's Marina, if I find myself in Cape May, N.J.

deniseO30 02-22-2012 10:36 AM

Don't know about that Marina, but don't most let transients pay a small fee to use the showers, laundry, etc?

WanderingStar 02-22-2012 11:09 AM

Stopped there for fuel on my way north. Attendant brought us coffee free. We didn't drink it (no coffee drinkers aboard!) but appreciated the gesture.

RichH 02-22-2012 11:12 AM

I stay at Utches quite a lot when rounding Cape May.

I believe what is going on is that their 'septic system' is at full capacity due to the recent wet weather and any 'overload' during this transitory wetness will force them to pay horrendous charges in fees, permits, never ending engineering studies, and the always extreme 'NJ-EPA forced' remediation costs, etc. of a septic system overhaul/rebuild. The Porta Potties are a stop gap so that the marina can continue to charge 'reasonable' fees.
One must understand that Utches is located in New Jersey (highest taxes in the entire US) where every human action and thought is regulated and controlled at extreme overcharged/obscene government fees and taxes, etc.

Utches is a fairly well run (sometimes anal-retentive, OCD) marina ... but I hope to hell that the marina fees are kept reasonable.

rockDAWG 04-03-2012 12:33 PM

Re: Cape May, NJ

Well.... you folks are better men than I.

There are many ways to relive myself if I don't want to get in the stinky porta potty. There is no need to ask the office people if they are so unaccommodating to their customers.

Although when I sail, I am in a good mood and don't like to hustle. However, I could drop my pants and Poop right at their door step when no one is watching.

Of course, they can use the forensic skills they learned from CSI TV show to link me to the crime scene. Using their hand or a thermometer to feel the warmth of the poop to estimate the time of poop dropping. They could also take a sample of the feces and link my NDA to the DNA in the poop.

This is not about the whining Americans. It is about too much business that they don't give a f*ck. They lost sight what makes them successful. They are many ways to say no the customers. It is nice to be nice. :)