SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Anchoring with a dog near Buck Island?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kdhamric 
#1 ·
We are going to be taking our sailboat south in May and are looking to stop on the north side of Albemarle Sound. We have anchored once on the north side of Buck Island - this area or to the south near Lutz or Broad creek is where we are planning on stopping for the night. We will have our dog with us this trip, and I am trying to find a spot with an anchorage in the area that will allow us to dinghy the dog to shore. We draw around 6'. I remember it being mainly marsh, and I am not seeing much hope of finding solid land looking at the description of anchorages in ActiveCaptain. We could stop at Coinjock if we do not have a viable spot for the dog to take care of evening and morning 'duties', but wanted to see if anybody had a suggestion.
Thanks
Ken Hamric
DownTime
Tartan 3800

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.