What is the condition of the boat? You listed the gear, but what is it's status?
Standing/Running rigging in safe condition?
Universal engine safe and clear for duty?
Seacocks and hoses checked and safe?
Sails in useable condition?
VHF, GPS and navigation lights functional?
Got all the necessary personal safety gear?
Do you intend to sail where possible or are you looking to motor most of the way? (The answer is not as obvious as you might think)
This is why I posted working condition. If someone wants to meet up to see the boat prior to the trip that can be arranged. However, if you just wanted to know specifics:
- The running and standing rigging are in serviceable condition. Although, Iím going to have someone inspect and possibly tune the rigging while itís still on the bay (cheaper than Potomac).
- Chain plates have been rebedded in the last couple years.
- Universal engine has low hours (around 460) and works like a champ.
- Seacocks inspected during 2012 survey, winterized this fall, and function properly.
- Mainsail and two genoas are in great shape.
- Comfort: Manual marine head and macerator pump operable. No oven, but I have a Magna grill. No hot water tank, but will likely stay at marinas with showers.
- Electronics: ICOM VHF radio with remote, Raymarine TackTick Multi and wind mounted in the cockpit, Autohelm, Garmin handheld chart plotter mounted on the pedestal, and spot messenger for emergency use.
- Safety: I have all the required USCG gear. 5 Type II adult vests, 4 Type II Cabelas low-profile adult vests, 1 Type IV throwable cushion, 1 Type IV throwable lifesling, 2 Type BC, Size 1 (2-1/2 lb), mounted and charged; 1 Type BC, Size 1 (5 lb), mounted and charged, horn, binos, flares, CO detector, oil and trash card posted, and fluke anchor. Navigational lights and deck light are operational. I also have unlimited towing from BoatUS (not-affiliated)
I intend to sail to Colonial Beach, but this is weather permitting. Iíll likely motor from Colonial Beach to Quantico or at least after the bend in the Potomac. Iíve mapped out the target destinations based on motoring the entire way.