Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Chesapeake / Central US east coast
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013
Kayaker/Dreamer

Resolute_ZS is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb 2013 Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show

In about two weeks, the second annual Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show will take place. Show dates are from April 26th-28th. It might be nice to have a SailNet informal meetup there for those attending.

I'm thinking about Saturday, April 27th at 1300 (1PM) - Does anyone want to meet at Pusser's for a painkiller? I was told their 2nd floor is a good place to hang out. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll update this thread with people who are attending for a rough head count.

Awesome List:
Resolute_ZS
chucklesR
boz86
Nicklaus

Hemming and Hawing:
PorFin
wingNwing
jimgo
TakeFive

Lame and Boring:
chef2sail
zz4gta
jimgo likes this.

Last edited by Resolute_ZS; 04-20-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Updated list
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-15-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: 2013 Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show

What is the spring show like? I think when I lived in Annapolis there was no spring show.

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss buckets. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Old 04-15-2013
Kayaker/Dreamer

That's a good question. I didn't go last year, so I can't comment - but it looks like it'll be similar to the fall show but a little bit smaller. The boat list keeps growing, though. It looks like a couple rows of floating docks are not going to be there compared to the fall show. More information here:

Welcome to The Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show | United States Yacht Shows

You can compare the map there to the map for their fall show too. I'm hoping it'll be less crowded than the fall show, while still having a decent but not completely overwhelming selection of boats to see.
Old 04-16-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

No comparison. Its really a lame show.

We will be out sailing that weekend.

Great idea about trying to get everyone together though. If we happen to be anchored near Annapolis on the night of the 27th well come on over and RSVP a week from Friday when we figure out which direction we are sailing that weekend.

Don't forget the 5th annual Chesapeake Bay Sailnet Rendezvous on June 8 at the Maryland Yacht Club in Rock Creek. Thread about it is a sticky in the Destinations Sections.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-16-2013
Kayaker/Dreamer

chef2sail -

It was nice seeing you and your boat a couple weekends ago while John was up Chuck's mast

The list of boats looks decent - my problem is at the fall shows, I have gotten overwhelmed at the number of boats to see. I'm also hoping more people will have your idea and will stay home so the show won't be as crowded. Hopefully.

Oh, and I will be attending the Rendezvous - sounds like a great event!
Old 04-16-2013
Señor Member

PorFin is on a distinguished road

I may go, and I reckon that some are like me.

While I'm happy to accept Dave's description of last year's show, I'm a little reluctant to extend that to this year's version 2.0. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that some of that "lameness" can be chalked up to first year, new event, "let's see how this goes" kind of tentativeness on the parts of both sailors and vendors.

That said, unlike the fall there are TONS of other activities come springtime competing for a sailor's time, energy (and money.)

My decision will be based more on gear vendors rather than boat displays. If I think I may be able to score some deals on stuff I want/need, then I'll probably go; if the vendor list is short I'll probably give it a pass.

________
'85 BYB Vagabond 39
Old 04-16-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute_ZS View Post
chef2sail -

It was nice seeing you and your boat a couple weekends ago while John was up Chuck's mast

The list of boats looks decent - my problem is at the fall shows, I have gotten overwhelmed at the number of boats to see. I'm also hoping more people will have your idea and will stay home so the show won't be as crowded. Hopefully.

Oh, and I will be attending the Rendezvous - sounds like a great event!
Ha....so that was you dangling

We still may get to the show if the wind gods dictate that direction on Saturday and we wind up in one of the Back, Spa or on of the Severn Creeks

The shows I usually spend 5% of the time on boats and 90 % in the booths and parts and accessories. 5% on food and booze

Ill put you on the June list that I am compiling for the Rendezvous. Are you coming by boat or land?

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-16-2013
Kayaker/Dreamer

That was Donna's other half that was doing the dangling - I was the one with the green fleece on I won't have a boat of my own - I'm not sure how I'm going to end up getting there. I may be a stowaway on someone else's boat.

PorFin - that's my hope too. It's always tough to gauge how an event is going to be after the first year. It looks like they have a decent representation of boats on their list. I don't care too much about the Neel tri's and Gunboat; I've already seen them and they're out of my price range anyway. This might end up being a more laid back, practical boat show
Old 04-16-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

I'll be there 1300 Saturday.

Dave, I think Res may be on my boat June 8th.
Old 04-16-2013
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

Nice idea to meet up on Saturday; I'll be at the show that day and try to join you but I really don't know, or have a lot of control over, my schedule. (see below)

I think the Spring show also has some broker boats (used) instead of just new as the fall show does? That's one difference.

Anybody attending Cruisers University along with the show? Welcome to Cruisers University! | United States Yacht Shows I'm presenting a lecture on (surprise) blogging and cruising on Sunday morning. Scares the **** out of me to be on an email list with all the heavyweight circumnavigator cruising names that are headline speakers. Who, me??
T37Chef likes this.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project: