SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2007 Raftup, or Group Sail? Suggestions? Let's organize!!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Radicalcy 
#1 ·
Are there plans for a 2007 Chesapeake Bay "Columbia Yachts and Friends" Raft up in the works?
If not, there should be. Now would be the time to determine a suitable date that a majority of East Coast/Chesapeake Bay CYO'ers would be available. If no one is working on this, I can contribute some time and effort towards helping to organize something.
I'm going to attempt to email as many owners as I can to solicit participation. There are SO many of us along the Bay.
If THE BAY is too large an area, how about a Mid Bay Event? Somewhere in the Rappahannock,Piankatank,York River area? Or a Southern Bay Event? Norfolk,Hampton,Willoughby? There are any number of great anchorages that will accomodate a large number of boats, with facilities and within easy driving time for non sailing participants.
How about it? Lets hear from some of the other mid/southern bay folks.
How about a group sail to Onancock, or somewhere else on the Eastern Shore? I know that everyone has committments, but we should make every effort to gather owners, and share experiences....in person.
Memorial Day weekend would be a good target date, but let me hear from other CYO'ers with suggested dates, and destinations.
Email me off list at...
Radicalcy(@)yahoo dot com .
Larry Wilson
C-8.7 #60 "AllAboutMe"
C-Saber #51 "Wild Swan"
Richmond,Va.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.