SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Columbia 24

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MARKCALLY 
#1 ·
any one have a columbia 24 or have had one?

my wife and I are going to look at a 1980 columbia 24 tomorrow and would like a little insight on any problem areas or concerns. I did some research on google but I cant find too much information about the boats. I found the columbia community web site but I found it difficult to navigate to find any suggestions on concerns or things to look out for. one thing I found interesting is the ad for the boat mentions a inboard gas engine but everything I read online says they only had a outboard mount.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
I think there is something amiss here. Columbia made three 24' models in the 1960s, but none in the 1980s.

See here.

#5 ·
I have a columbia 24..1964 ..not a challenger though..very sturdy..no issues yet..third owner.depends on what your looking for.I sailed on tanzers at first. the columbia has ample room, easy to sail..slow but steady. have done most of my restoring myself..pain to get replacement parts and a not very friendly user columbia site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.