Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road
Crew member/ First mate wanted, RI

Hello, I am looking for someone that would like to sail with me. I would prefer a female close to my age. I have had bad experiences with males, and was actually attacked by one on my vessel. Someone to share expense's, cruise where we want, and enjoy life. I am a 55 year old semi-retired Biomedical engineer and life long sailor. The boat is a fully equipped Beneteau First 38. Loaded for cruising, one of Beneteaus best, proven world cruiser. Currently in Portsmouth RI. Regards, Larry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Crew member/ First mate wanted, RI

How did you make out with this last Fall? The poster that seemed to be on the hook at the end of your last thread like this was never heard from again here.

You are based in one of the most prolific sailing grounds in the Country. Do you get involved with any sailing clubs, charities, activites, etc? Head down to Newport and volunteer at the Seaman's Institute or the Restoration School or Museum of Yachting? I think these are better ways to meet people with common interests.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 06-29-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew member/ First mate wanted, RI

Well, My old home port was New Bedford, Ma, so I am new to this area. A very nice lady from Canada came down to visit me last fall for a couple of days and we had a wonderful time. We visited Newport, cooked and played games. She was a nurse that had her own boat. Said she would be back, but I have not been able to reach her again, and do not know what happened to her. I am somewhat handicapped right now. I broke both sides of my ankle and the back of my leg, can only walk a short distance and will not be able to sail for awhile without assistance. I have been invited to race, but am unable to do much at this time. Thanx