SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   looking for crew 1 person - July 26 to Aug 3rd LA-Catalina-SD-LA (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/101187-looking-crew-1-person-july-26-aug-3rd-la-catalina-sd-la.html)

babbabooie 07-09-2013 12:50 AM

looking for crew 1 person - July 26 to Aug 3rd LA-Catalina-SD-LA

im a casual cruiser not a racer or a fanatic. i have been cruising for 5 years once or twice a year off the coast of cali out of MDR. this trip is saturday to saturday. MDR,two harbors, avalon, oceanside, dana point, newport beach, long beach, MDR. im looking for a second hand to help me sail, mostly i dont like sailing alone. im not a big talker, i like to relax and enjoy the day, smoke cigars, have a nice meal in port... looking for a very casual cruiser that wants a vacation on the water and can help me out when i need it... im sailing a jeanneau 36i out of blue pacific in MDR. if anyone is interested or knows someone that would be please send me an email or leave me a message. male or female over 30 please. im 51 yr old male married and my wife cant make this trip all my normal sailing buddies backed out.

Unkle Toad 07-09-2013 05:13 AM

Re: looking for crew 1 person - July 26 to Aug 3rd LA-Catalina-SD-LA

That sounds like a fantastic trip. I would love to go but that is a really bad week for me and I probably dont have enough experience yet to be of much help. just wanted to so good luck have a great trip and enjoy cigars.

MikeWhy 07-09-2013 08:10 PM

(Please ignore the friend request. Still trying to figure my way around this mobile app. The plus sign button did something other than send a private message.)

Drop me a note offline if interested. I can be free that week. Male, 54, monogamously married, successful software consultant. ASA certs but no open ocean experience.

babbabooie 07-10-2013 12:10 AM

looking for crew 1 person - July 26 to Aug 3rd LA-Catalina-SD-LA

I can't see any of your info, you can contact me at babbabooie@hotmail.com

Wildflower 07-11-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babbabooie (Post 1056198)
im a casual cruiser not a racer or a fanatic. i have been cruising for 5 years once or twice a year off the coast of cali out of MDR. this trip is saturday to saturday. MDR,two harbors, avalon, oceanside, dana point, newport beach, long beach, MDR. im looking for a second hand to help me sail, mostly i dont like sailing alone. im not a big talker, i like to relax and enjoy the day, smoke cigars, have a nice meal in port... looking for a very casual cruiser that wants a vacation on the water and can help me out when i need it... im sailing a jeanneau 36i out of blue pacific in MDR. if anyone is interested or knows someone that would be please send me an email or leave me a message. male or female over 30 please. im 51 yr old male married and my wife cant make this trip all my normal sailing buddies backed out.

Hi There,

I'd love to sail with you July 26 to August 3rd. However, I don't believe that I have enough experience.What's the occasion? I'm crewing for yacht racing out of Marina del Rey on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Also, I crew for various fundraisers as much as possible. If you'd like to make a new sailing pal, please let me know.

Pamela

MikeWhy 07-11-2013 10:36 PM

Babba, I thought about this very carefully. It comes down to this. Being self-employed is no fun when you work for a workaholic. I haven't allowed myself a vacation in two years, for the false accounting of lost billable time as an out of pocket expense. As wonderful as your trip sounds, and as much as I'm certain we would have hit it off, I will be working the week that you're out cruising.

Fair winds to you.

Mike.