SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew wanted for Seattle to San Diego in Sept.

9K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I am looking for crew to help sail down a Roberts 57'' Cutter. This is a beautiful boat that is heading to the Caribbean and this is the first leg. Let me know if your interested.

#2 ·
28-year-old male with 25+ years experience (if you include barfing all over Tristan Jones at the age of 3) wants to crew to San Diego to pick up my own boat and sail it back, preferably paid position. Extremely skilled, easy-going, good cook and able to fix anything... In Seattle

#3 ·
Hi...I could be interested in crewing for you. In my 50''s and in excellent shape physically, I have captained 40-50 boats in the Med and Caribbean on at least a dozen occasions for periods of one to two weeks.
I am bright, hard-working, well-traveled and congenial.
I would like to learn more about navigation and experience blue water crusing.
Is this a pleasure cruise, a delivery? Would like to know more about the people involved. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Hello,
I am looking for a paid position as crew/cook.I am a fun,40 year old female,I speak English,French and conversational Spanish. I have a resume and references. I have sailed the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Lake Champlain and the Medittereanean.
If interested, email me. I live on the East Coast. Sweet Winds, Annie

#5 ·
Hi We are a Canadian couple from Victoria and are presently in Miami. We are planning to return any time and would be availble to sail down the coast. We are very experienced and enjoy travel and adventure.

Drop us a line if you would like a CV and picture.

Thanks
Steve and Janeen

#6 ·
I live in San Diego and have made the trip from San Francisco on our Cheoy Lee 36 Clipper. If you still need some help let me know. For what it''s worth, hold a 50 ton master inland USCG license. You can check us out at:
http://www.flying-cloud.org
You can ring me at: 619.279.4157

later
Jamie

#7 ·
I don''t know what part of September you were planning on leaving. If it isn''t until the end of the month, I could get to Seattle and would love to sail to San Diego. I am a 27 year old woman without a lot of sailing experience. But I am eager to learn and easy to be around. I am hoping to cruise next year with some friends on our 55-foot schooner and want to gain some sailing experience before that. Let me know if you need crew for the end of September, and I will be happy to tell you more about myself.

Becky

#15 ·
Tag said:
Hi...I could be interested in crewing for you. In my 50''s and in excellent shape physically, I have captained 40-50 boats in the Med and Caribbean on at least a dozen occasions for periods of one to two weeks.
I am bright, hard-working, well-traveled and congenial.
I would like to learn more about navigation and experience blue water crusing.
Is this a pleasure cruise, a delivery? Would like to know more about the people involved. Thanks in advance.
We are looking at June 10th as a date to leave Seattle. Are you still interested? I will be in Seattle on May 18th to the 23rd to work on the boat. Give me a call at 340-690-0463 or e-mail david@viescape.com

#18 ·
Boating!!!

Hi!
Two early 20's females who have some experience sailing (Yacht in Turkey, Wed. races in Long Island all summer, cooking exp.) looking to learn as much as possible about sailing, and have a great experience doing so. We want to sail to san Diego, and if possible go all the way to the Caribbean.

Thanks
Please contact iaravena@wesleyan.edu if positions still availiable

-Ingrid

#19 ·
Final Trip Dates

Sorry about the confusion, this has been a long time planning and finding the time to do this trip. I recently purchased the boat from my father and am now planning to bring her down in two phases. One will leave Seattle around Aug 26th for San Diego. Phase two will leave around Oct 20th for the rest of the trip. I am still looking for some crew to help on both phases. I will be in Seattle the last week of June doing some more work on getting her ready to go. If you are still interested send me an e-mail to david@viescape.com

Thanks David

#20 ·
Thanks to Sailingdog and many others on this site, we are now in the final stages of getting ready to leave for San Diego. As many of you know, there is a lot to do to prepare for a bluewater trip like this. I will be going to Seattle around the 13th and plane to leave for San Diego the 19th or 20th. Still looking for a few crew members that may be interested in coming along. You can call me at 340-690-0463 or e-mail david@viescape.com if you are interested.

Regards, David

#21 ·
My boyfriend and I have been living on our sailboat this Summer teaching ourselves to sail and travelling the waters of British Columbia...and love it. Now we want some open ocean. Ryan is Canadian, 26, and a good time guitarist, and I (Imogen) am a Brit, 24, and an ex-GB triathlete...and we're very nice. We can also catch fish and make tasty feasts. We could help crew your boat to San Diego. Please email imogenruk@yahoo.co.uk

#22 ·
crew.....Hi tell me more,I am experienced ,hard working

dsbentley said:
I am looking for crew to help sail down a Roberts 57'' Cutter. This is a beautiful boat that is heading to the Caribbean and this is the first leg. Let me know if your interested.
I can do most anything can repair engines,electronics,refrigeration,cook etc.
x commercial aircraft pilot,radio telephone license w/ ships radar endorsement
many other qualifications and certifications little blue water experience.
own 2 sailboats.
tom cowley tomflyer@netzero.net 503.777.3620
Portland Oregon
Chao

#26 ·
I don't know how many crew members you are looking for but it seems you have a lot to choose from. I am a retired RN, have a good bit of sailing experience, sailed from Tampa FL to the Bahamas on a 26 ft. Westerly. Also sailed from Tampa Bay to Havana Cuba on a 42 ft. Catamaran as one of a crew of 8. Presently own a small Montgomery which I sail mostly single handed own inland lakes. Would love to experience sailing in the Pacific. eMail me at seawitchlj@yahoo.com.

Sandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.