SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Take me with you on your next sailing adventure! Short notice OK! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/101714-take-me-you-your-next-sailing-adventure-short-notice-ok.html)

windycityxx 07-23-2013 12:26 PM

Take me with you on your next sailing adventure! Short notice OK!

Hello!

I am a single 35 year old male from the USA with a very open schedule and would be interested in joining you on your next sailing adventure!

Short notice OK!

I do not drink, smoke, or do any drugs.

I am very easy going, outgoing, respectful, personable, positive attitude, great personality, sense of humor, gets along with everyone type. Absolutely no issues in any way.

Hopefully we can work something out!

Tim R. 07-23-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Take me with you on your next sailing adventure! Short notice OK!

Experience?

DRFerron 07-23-2013 01:02 PM

This is an international forum. It might help to define your travel boundaries as well as provide your sailing experience. Are you interested in day sails or long-distance? Is your intention to learn how to sail or are you an experienced sailor, perhaps without a boat at the moment and you want to get on the water however you can? Are you looking for a paid crew position?

Best of luck. It certainly can't hurt to ask. I will add that, personally for safety reasons, I am more inclined to extend an invitation to sail to the forum member who makes an effort to participate in the forum and who I can get to know a little before meeting face to face.

jimgo 07-23-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFerron (Post 1063484)
I will add that, personally for safety reasons, I am more inclined to extend an invitation to sail to the forum member who makes an effort to participate in the forum and who I can get to know a little before meeting face to face.

I agree with Donna. Stick around, learn, participate, get to know people, and let them get to know you. That will make it much easier to find a ride.

windycityxx 07-23-2013 02:09 PM

Hey thanks for the responses!

I would like to go on an extended sail, a few weeks, a few months?

Somewhere in the Caribbean would be ideal at least to start, ... I love beaches and warm weather!

I do not have any sailing experience but would like to learn, not just looking to be along for the ride.

Paid or not paid doesn't make any difference to me.

Thanks again!

Tim R. 07-23-2013 04:55 PM

Trying not to be overly critical but so far you are asking for a free boating vacation in the Caribbean while someone teaches you to sail.

You may want to offer some services for this. Can you cook, clean, any other special talents that may be useful on a boat. Do you have money to contribute to food, fuel and other expenses?

boknows 07-23-2013 10:01 PM

I will keep you in mind

windycityxx 07-24-2013 09:53 PM

I am a decent cook, great on the grill, can clean, keep watch, fish etc.

I may not have any experience but I guarantee that you won't find a higher quality individual then me otherwise.

windycityxx 08-08-2013 12:37 AM

I am still looking for the right opportunity!

DRFerron 08-08-2013 08:06 AM

Windy, lots of people are looking for this same opportunity. I think there are more folks like you looking for a free vacation than there are boats to hold you. Besides, this time of year most boats have headed away from the Caribbean for hurricane season.

You might want to wait until the fall, re-package your presentation and look for a boat that needs help heading south.