Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004

amanonmaui is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

LO0KING FOR A FIRST MATE/Co-CAPTAIN! I am an experienced long distance sailor, having sailed a 32''gaff rigged wooden ketch from Maine through the Caribbean and back during a 2.5 year period. Daughter graduating from H.S., non-sailing wife and I are separated, soon to be divorced. I''m in great shape, running and windsurfing almost daily on Maui, financially secure, semi-retired, looking for a like minded lady, 40 to 50, with some sailing experience, who is attracted to the rewarding partnership of a long distance sailing couple. Hope to cast off late 2005 on a well found 38-42 sailboat for distant ports.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2004

acaswell is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

Hello,
What kind of boat do you have? Wooden!?
Where would you travel from? How long have you been seperated? I would be interested in conversing. Email me if interested.
Annie
Old 08-07-2004

amanonmaui is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

Anne, thanks for the response. I will buy a boat -- probably 38'' to 40.'' If I found a extremly well build and maintained wooden boat, I would consider it but will probably go plastic. Criteria: capable of being singlehanded, reasonable windward ability, good motion in seaway, moderate maintenance requirements, enough sail area for light air, etc. I can spend way too much time on this subject. Probably will buy in the eastern seaboard with immediate goal of Northwest Caribbean, then maybe Europeafter four or five months of fitting out and gaining familiarity with the new boat. My wife and I have been roommates for the past four or five years -- no sexual relations whatsoever. We have tried to stay together until our daughter graduates from H.S. next May. While we get along and are friendly, neither of us want to stay with this situation. We are spending the summer separated, but will maintain the household situation through the school year. If you are still interested, why don''t you e-mail me at addi4300@yahoo.com

As we say in Hawaii, Aloha, Addi

Old 08-21-2004

saltykitten is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

Hi I''d like to hear more. I have a 272 O''day sailboat and i am asa certified to 104. I, too was thinking about getting a larger boat but probably 34-38 Where would you be leaving from? I live near montauk and have sailed to Block Island several times
Old 10-22-2004

Tequiza Terri is on a distinguished road
LOOKING FOR A 1ST MATE

Have you found her? I have often thought of you after I read your post several months ago.... Just curious.... Mentally I am ready to leave.... realistically I am a few years away.

Perhaps you would consider sailing around Florida & the Bahamas for the next few years?? My boys are still at home & need a strong female in their lives. I do have a boat and no one to sail with