Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road
Updated; crew members wanted to sail from portsmouth ri

OK, we will try this again. Last year I posted for a crew member for some long distance cruising, my ultimate goal is Australia. A female companion to share expenses and live the cruising life. People on this site accused me of trying to procure a boat U know what, I was appalled at the response's. On my first trip bringing this boat up from Annapolis to New England I was attacked onboard in Baltimore by a Male crew member, I do not wish to repeat the experience. So I believe my choice in whom I would like to crew with me is mine. Plus, my best racing crew was mostly female, what great sailors they were. This go round, I am looking for some crew members to enjoy this boat with me cruising from Portsmouth RI to places like, Marthas Vineyard, Cuttyhunk, block Island, Etc. I am recovering from a severe injury to my right leg, and could use some help. I do prefer females, but I will consider males also. Everyone will be screened carefully for obvious reasons. I am a gracious host, and known for taking care of my crew. I have taught many to sail, and would enjoy passing my knowledge to many more. There is a full picture spread of my "JO" under albums in my public profile. Look forward to meeting you, and may the wind be at your back. Captain La, because no one calls me Larry lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2013
Captain La

Re: Updated; crew members wanted to sail from portsmouth ri

Maybe the third time will be the charm. Just want to get out there and enjoy new friends, and do what I Love to do most.

Last edited by lsmoske; 08-21-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-21-2013

Seawards is on a distinguished road

Hello Capt La,
New Sailnet member, but long time viewer. I know you're looking for a female crew, but would you consider an experienced couple? My wife and I have cruised and raced on LIS & the Hudson for many years. We are both experienced in distanced sailing and the onboard routines. She is a gourmet cook as well. We live in Georgia but will be up North in mid September and would love to do some cruising . ._/) . . ._/)
Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013
Captain La

That sounds nice. I really have no hard and fast rules, it is just that I had a very bad experience. I would take it that you are a mature couple. September is one of the finest months to sail in this area. I had some cruising friends that I met in Martha's Vineyard Last year and they are from Florida, north in the summer and back south in the winter. They are in their early 70's delightful couple and we spent much time chatting last year. They would like to see me, but I cannot single hand at present. I have plenty of room, and even though this boat sleeps 8, I have it set up for 4 to cruise comfortably. If you are interested by all means give me a shout, I would be much more comfortable with a situation as that. Respectfully, Captain La
Old 08-21-2013

Seawards is on a distinguished road

Capt La,
Mature - only as numbers go, my spouse is younger than you and I am older. We love the Eastern end of the sound from Block Island to Nantucket and have cruised and raced in that area quite a bit. We are low maintenance, love being on the water and pull our weight. If this sounds like it may work for you my reach us at cwardz at yahoo dot com.
_/) . . . _/) . .

Hannah & Brian
Old 08-23-2013

Sanitie is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Updated; crew members wanted to sail from portsmouth ri

Captain La,

I'll bite. I have my own boat in Buzzards Bay, but I live in the area and do not know too many people to sail with. The person I used to sail with has passed to the great reef in the sky, so I would like to meet some new sailors.

I am not looking for long term sailing as I still have to do the 9 to 5 grind. Would love to meet for coffee and see if we share some common harbors.

Sandy
Old 08-23-2013
Captain La

I sent you personnel message, preparing the boat as I speak for some sailing this weekend, I think my leg maybe healed enough, I'm going someplace anyway. Had planned for Cutty. Give me a shout. Capt La
Old 08-27-2013
Captain La

I had a very nice afternoon meeting you Sandy, alias "Sanitie". It was fun to take your boat to another mooring so you could do some maintenance on your propeller and hull bottom, too bad that fish was there. And I really appreciated you being at the helm of my ship when I had to re-anchor with the new setup I was trying out. And, nice late lunch. Maybe see you on Friday when you get back. Fair winds, Captain La S/V "JO"
Old 08-29-2013
Captain La

UPDATE< UPDATE<, I do believe that I may not go back to Portsmouth. I am in Matha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, a beautiful island it is. I surprised my friends from Florida, as they did not expect to see me due to my injury. The look an there faces was priceless, worth the trip. They will be heading back to Florida soon and I do believe that I will accompany them. Safety in numbers. Would like to have some company for this trip as my leg is not fully healed and it is a lot of work to run a vessel of this size alone. Be well everyone, Capt LA
Old 09-04-2013

angela89 is on a distinguished road

Hi! Im looking after sailing adventure, this sounds very interesting u can email me with more information here on sailnet

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.