Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2001

SHIMSHON is on a distinguished road
CREW NEEDED MAINE

Looking for crew to sail aboard 47'' cutter rigged sloop located in Maine. Experience great but enthusiasm is better. Would include day sailing in the Gulf of Maine, weekends gunkholing, possibly three week summer cruise. This would be a non paying position and you would be expected to pick up your own expenses. All boat expenses will be taken care of by owner. Non smokers only.
Must be in good health and able to maneuver on a moving deck.Owner is former naval officer and semi-retired executivewith some 30 years sailing experience. Boat is equipped for all situations and is very comfortable. Would expect help with light maint. ie cleaning etc. Owner enjoys teaching sailing and navigation. Reply only if serious and have the time. Boat sails out of Riggs Cove, Georgetown, ME.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-2001

billengland41 is on a distinguished road
CREW NEEDED MAINE

I''d be interested in the cruise, but probably not the isolated day sailing. I''m available full time for sailing voyages, working to accumulate sea service. I''m a 50 yr old male, live in North Carolina, retired electrical engineer, healthy, responsible, easygoing. If you''ll provide an email address I''ll send a complete resume. I would like very much to gain some experience in Maine waters. Email billengland41@hotmail.com
Old 03-28-2001

CREW NEEDED MAINE

Thanks for the response. Will keep you in mind for three week cruise but I am really looking for someone who can be with the boat for the entire season or close to it. That way they will be familiar with the boat, systems etc.
Old 03-28-2001

jwcatc is on a distinguished road
CREW NEEDED MAINE

I would be interested in the day sailing and weekends. I live in Standish Maine, I am 34 yr old married male, with little sailing experience (I have taken basic sailing lessons) but lots of enthusiasm. I work full time during the week in Portland and would be free on weekends from late June until mid August. I also would have several weeks Vacation this summer but I am not interested in the 3 week cruise this summer.
Old 03-30-2001

Ernst is on a distinguished road
CREW NEEDED MAINE

I''d be interested in a 3 week cruise also. Unfortunately, Maine is too far from VT for weekends. I''m 57, in very good health, experience racing/crewing dighys (Laser, 420, 470, International 14 GP), lake sailing own 18'', crewed on CD 25D out of Green Harbor, MA twice. Coastal/offshore experience is lacking but am smart enough to follow directions & recognize there is only one skipper. Enthusiasm A+.
Old 04-18-2001

grubeci is on a distinguished road
CREW NEEDED MAINE

I would be willing to crew for you (perhaps as a couple with my spouse). I can tell a forestay from a halyard but lack experience. I live in MA, am 28, and would be willing to crew your day sails. By the way, is your ship the Melon Eye? This arm chair is one hell of a helm. Thank you for responding.
Old 04-19-2001

CREW NEEDED MAINE

THANKs everyone for your interest. Have been able to secure crew for both daysailing as well as three week trip.