SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Experienced crew available - Vancouver

948 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  scalvo 
#1 · (Edited)
Experienced crew available

Hi,

I'm a 31 year old Spanish guy who has been living in Vancouver for 3 years now. I recently got laid off from my job and thought this would be a perfect time to take some time off and go sailing. I have money (savings and got a nice severance) and time, how often does that happen?

My sailing experience is basically racing (24 to 40 foot boats as skipper) and cruising around Vancouver coast (overnights and so on). I have sailed on dinghies when I was a teenager and keel boats for the last 3 years. However, I have never done a bigger passage and that's why I'm here.

I know enough to be able to help with sailing part (plus cooking, cleaning, whatever) and I'm a young easy going guy that would love the opportunity to help and learn from more experienced sailors.

I'm fine taking a plane and going somewhere (preferably warm) to join a good plan.

Thanks,
Sam

PS: I'm bilingual English-Spanish.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.