SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Gaslveston, TEXAS: Harvest Moon Regatta

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rhr1956 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for a skipper in need of a 2-Person Crew--- my wife and I are experiences sailors in our early 40's looking to CREW.

Let us know if any interest???

Cheers,

Thomas & Kelly

#2 ·
You guys should find out when the skippers meeting is and attend. Just let the organizers know you're looking and they'll announce you. That's how I got my ride.

Now that we have our own boat, we'll be entering her in next year's HMR.

Good luck. It's a great race! I'd love to be out there with you guys!

#4 ·
Hey Smack...
Last years overall winner was a guy we race against here on Lake Ray Hubbard. His name is Scott Self and he won it on a Hobie 33 in just over 16 hours.

My buddy Robert was planning on racing his boat - the Hotter Tuna (International 11 Metre-One Design) until he learned he would have to add stanchions and lifelines to satisfy the safety requirements for the race. That was a deal breaker. On his boat it would be like putting curb feelers on a Ferrari.

Now the winds are forecast to be 15ish from the NE...downhill run all the way most likely. That would make for a very exciting (and quick) trip out of it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.